Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was just wondering who has the highest mileage 156 in the North East?

I have got 140,000 miles on mine that I have owned from new, just wondering if anyone can beat that?

J.

·
Vendor
46,130 Posts
My JTD had 122k on the clock but thats over in Ireland now..

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Mines only just run in at a mere 105k!!!

Edit: ... I'm kind of North East of France if that counts!!!???

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
just 121K (kilometres) so I am just beginning !!! but I never had a smoother running TS... speedo runs of the gauge..

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I thought someone on here had done over 200,000! My JTD has 67,000 but the 156 2.0 twinspark I had before had about 109,000.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I've never understood this logic around how long an engine should last. Surely if it's consistently and correctly maintained then there is no upper limit to how many miles it could do. I had a Morris Oxford years ago that had done in excess of 250,000 miles and had I not left the road at Whinney Hill she might still be on the go now.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've never understood this logic around how long an engine should last. Surely if it's consistently and correctly maintained then there is no upper limit to how many miles it could do. I had a Morris Oxford years ago that had done in excess of 250,000 miles and had I not left the road at Whinney Hill she might still be on the go now.
I agree, my mechanic suggests that on my 156 the rest of the car will fall to bits before the engine fails!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts