MAin body Computer
Electronic steering lock
MAF
EGR
Alternator
Steering ball joints
One upper wishbone
And now the clutch is slipping...

Thank you for posting. If you dont mind me asking, how many miles has yours done? Has it had a remap or been modified in any way?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok, if you want to take a look to help appraise what a high mileage one is like, give me a shout.
(I'm between Reading and Newbury)

D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That my exact worry. You spent 30 mins or so looking round a car and take it for a short test drive, it not long enough to discover if it has any faults. I'm all too aware of what Italian cars can throw at you! I already have one "high maintenance" car, I don't want a second one!

·
Registered
11 Posts
That my exact worry. You spent 30 mins or so looking round a car and take it for a short test drive, it not long enough to discover if it has any faults. I'm all too aware of what Italian cars can throw at you! I already have one "high maintenance" car, I don't want a second one!
That's the same with buying any car though surely.......? Buy a 'good old, trusty A4/Passat 2.0 TDi'. Now that CAN cause you grief,:mad: catastrophic oil pump failures are common, taking out the whole engine and turbo!! You pay your money and take your chance with modern vehicles..........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ive got a 159 auto lusso 2.4. purchased the car three years ago with 90k. (for peanuts, 3.8k) its now covered 149k.
I have needed a new battery, the DPF removed, EGR removed (remap etc). but other than that the car has been really reliable and a joy to drive and own.
the 2.4 is thirsty (approx 33mpg real world driving using old fashioned mileage trip to calculate) but has plenty of grunt.
overall a much better car than the 156 which i found to be supremely unreliable.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts