Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having owned many Alfa's over the years I have decided it's time to move on and will be selling my low mileage high spec 2013 Giulietta Cloverleaf in the new year.

Wanted to get the ball rolling first before placing it in the classifieds, to gauge interested and give a heads up for anyone on the forum who is thinking of getting a used Cloverleaf.

Details: Registered May 2013, FSH, current mileage is 20.5K, Colour Ghiaccio White, Black Leather electric front seats, Heated front seats, Xenons, Bose sound sytem, Electric Sunroof, RadioNav (maps on SD card), Reversing sensors, Upgraded 18" 5 hole Horseshoe Alloys and Carbon Wing mirrors, Mats, Glovebox bottle holder.

Just serviced in December (oil change, filters and brake fluid). It has had the rear hatch wiring loom changed under warranty and is in excellent condition, I don't think I've seen one with this spec for sale in a long time.

If anyone is interested please PM me for more information

Attachments

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As there are not many for sale on autotrader, Need some opinions as to what price should I advertise my Cloverleaf for?

Thanks

·
Registered
767 Posts
There's a 13 plate QV on AT for £13,000, so with the options on yours id say £14,000. Optional extras don't really attract that much of a premium on used cars, they just make it more appealing than a standard version.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Priced to sell, so will advertise it at £13650 when it goes into the classifieds

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Car is still for sale and will be available at a reduced price in July if anyone is interested

·
Registered
436 Posts
hi I bought mine with 46000 on 12 plate with all above extras minus the carbon wing mirrors with 8c paint and fsh and 6mnths warranty for 13000 last year from garage and have spent two grand modifying my gqv but reckon 13500 would be a tough sell for you but good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You're best off pricing it via Parkers, Whatcar and Autotrader.

You'll maybe struggle to sell privately, as it's so damn cheap to get finance these days.

It might be worth considering PXing the car instead..

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte
1,764 Posts
Get nothing for used cars these days. P/x would probably get you the most. There are so many people VT'ing on the finance after 50% due to huge depreciation that loads of cheap cars are going to auction for the dealers to snap up for next to nothing.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Not to diss your car - it's lovely. But if I had £13500 cash and the option of a brand car on PCP/lease, or buying used. I'd either buy something used and super flash, or buy new on finance and hand it back after 2 years.

Having just spent several months trying to sell an Audi S4 privately - I ended up doing a deal with a dealer to get into a Giulietta (style and fuel economy being my main requirements).

The other problem is, you can't sell the car too cheaply - otherwise people will think there is something wrong with it.

PX is your best bet if you want to change cars quickly.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You're best off pricing it via Parkers, Whatcar and Autotrader.

You'll maybe struggle to sell privately, as it's so damn cheap to get finance these days.

It might be worth considering PXing the car instead..
Parkers quote £11750 (base model) for private sale based on 30k miles, so as mine has done 23K miles and using their mileage adjuster this adds £500.
Adding the other extra options on top I think £12895 would seem a reasonable price to sell at.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's not about the book value, it's finding the buyer who is willing to pay for it.

Because it is so cheap to have something new on finance private sellers of used cars are being hit hard.

Have you put it on Autotrader yet?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts