Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was speaking to Karl about this earlier but I know a few of you have played around with these pumps and in fact told me about the r8

It is a direct fit no issue if you have the c39 ECU I don't I have the earlier one with 2 we sensors in the rail and none in the pump

Unlike where 07> has 1 in rail and 1 in pump

This won't work as the voltages resistance etc will be different if I direct fit it to my current loom

But you think I could just change the electrical component and it would work ?

I don't see why not as the ECU would be able getting the same signals but obvs more flow from the mechanical components ??

What you think

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i dont this is the issue.... ive had it all to bit today and as far as i can tell just change the electical components (3 bolts ) and its job done.. who was it that made the hybrid pump ive forgot now ??

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i think it was too......

i may get around this tho by simply changing the electrical componant as above.... 3 bolts and its changed and the ecu will know no different

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
its not electronic , its a mechanical pump.

You need to losen the 3 nuts holding the pump, fix the pump puly to the pump bracket with 2 small m6 bolds (ie the bolds that hold the belt cover) losen the center nut of the pulley a few turns , gently tap the nut with a hammer until the pump axle pops free from the pulley.
Now you can swap the pump without changing the timing belt.
Will be done within the hour.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know that....... I have already stripped an r70 pump I had lying around I need an r80 as above.... The pump is not mechanical completely as the older ones had no flow sensor in them the new ones did hence my issue the signals the ECU receives won't be what its expecting with the new pump...

So I'm saying just change the electrical components 3 cap head bolts onto the new pump

The end result meaning more flow but the same signal the ECU expects meaning it will work.... I need some clarification from yanko

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
i dont think the 159 r80 pump has a flow sensor.
I have a couple of them at work , but they just have a mprop

1 - 14 of 14 Posts