Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys
I have seen a 156 V6 with some sort of high power option. The advert claimed 190Bhp from a 2.5 v6.

Is this a standard performance pack :confused:

Andy

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Andy

The 156 2.5 V6 is 24v and 190bhp as standard :(

Beats the 155 V6 12v at 164bhp :( :(

wrinx

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi wrinx

Of course lots of valves....I was actually thinking of your car with the twin turbo conversion!

If you could find a crashed 156, what about slotting in the 24v motor into your car?

Andy

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Just slot in? Sounds great - may be more difficult! :D

The 156 v6 seems to be enourmous and certainly fills the bay snuggly. It could just be all of the ancillery stuff but it doesn`t look like it would fit. The heads are particularly large and a power bulge may be required. Oddly enough the 164 V6 seems smaller and slightly neater. Something to do with the more wedged front end maybe?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was out in one those very 156 you talk about it was a six speed gearbox option as well let me tell you you can feel every one of those 190 horses galloping away in front of you..Mmmmmm..hope the owner isnt logged on..

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Andy

Twin turbos on my 2.5......hhmmm. Think not, fell out with turbo's after putting a Nissan 200sx in a wall eek! Got the fotos to prove it!!! Thats part of the reason I've gone for V6's, power always on tap........and that sound :D

Fancy a 156 V6 engine tho wink

wrinx

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking of doing this, the 24V from a 164 24V because the 156 engines have flyby-wire throttle which may complicate things, they're also very difficult to comeby. There's a guy here with a 146 Ti with a Q4 engine. ANyway...still a dream for now...

but a friend had his dream materialize when he turboed his 146 1.7 Boxer 16V. Estimate about 175 bhp from his boxer. Not much boost due to stock internals

Last time Alfa Aid did a 33 1.7ie Turbo but no info on that was available after the test on Auto Italia.

Greetings from Ipoh, Malaysia.

Zamani

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
hi all someone has put a 24valve in a 145 so it should go into a 155 dont you think its for sale as well

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gary, the owner of the 145, has said that a 164 3.0 wont fit but a GTV 3.0 will wink

wrinx

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, its the same one, owned by Gary, a blue 145, it was at Gaydon too. Now up for sale, about 15k eek!

wrinx

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi,

You are correct, the =164 has the thermostat housing on the timing belt side which won't fit. But I think you can use the 155's thermostat housing etc. The GTV, due to the space restriction probably has the thermostate and cooling stuff on the "rear" of the engine was well.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hello all the v6 engines fit into 155 but only the super models engines ,they have water plug on each side of the cylinder head .the old ones only have on the belt side ,the thermostat housing will fit and so on from a 2,5 liter v6

steffan

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
75evo:
There's a guy here with a 146 Ti with a Q4 engine. ANyway...still a dream for now...
Are there any pictures of this car available?
Would love to see them!

Jan.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi All.

Roger Evans at Peak Alfa has a 156 V6 24v engine in his race 155.

Only problems apparently were electrical.

:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts