1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #62

·
Registered
43,564 Posts

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
I don't think you can look at a post count and not make some assumption.:rolleyes:
Stop bl00dy whinging and get back in the 'Name Game' and 'Story' threads.... NOW !! :mad:

:p

Consider yourself offically bullied !! :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
i hardly post, yet i never feel intimidated by the high posters.

from experience on other forums i would guess that someone who has posted over 600 posts in 5 months will post 99% bull****.... they tend to post in the "random" or "joke" rooms a lot. and ask peoples opinions on lots of things they know they will never actually buy.

hope the thread starter isnt one of these.... ;)

M

·
0 Posts
May well have been ;) Got to be careful as you have an Evo 2 :D:cool:, but at the time all I could afford was a non evo 16v. And prefered to get a top notch 16v rather than a dog of an evo. There were a few people on there that had the attitude of 'oh you don't have an evo' and God help you if you asked a question without meticulously going through the rubbish search function. I may have ignored it, but you just don't seem to get that on this forum.

Still miss the 'grale though :( that and the GTA are the best cars I have owned.
Sorry folks - mini-hijack:
Crikey. I have been considering a Delta but can't be doing with an attitude like that. LMC is no better though - let my membership lapse last year over the recent row.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Do you know, it never occurred to me that anyone could consider themselves bullied on a forum, it's just words on a page as someone mentioned earlier. As for high post counts; who counts? Either HPs are very helpful, like a good laugh or no-one will talk to them IRL. If you feel threatened by HPC owners you should maybe consider a little shrink wrapping to help you feel better about yourself. How sad do you have to be to worry about how many times someone has made a post? Well, here's my opinion for what it's worth.

Short posts are a way to acknowledge other people's views when one is being extremely productive in other ways and I personally appreciate anyone who takes the time to just send a smile or a word, whatever that "**+~£$???" word is, just so I know someone is out there.

Who wants to have to read through all the adorable, bewitching, captivating, delectable, enchanting, frank, gushing, heavenly, ingeniously joking, knowing, loving, meaningful niceties, to reach the point?? Optimistic people query not random sentiments, truly understanding veritable good wishes; xenophobes yapping zealously together never think of; are ever present.

I hope everyone who reads this has a wonderful day, feels forever loved and appreciated by all, and may misfortune look the other way when they pass by xxx.

Bu7cN

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:

D

·
0 Posts
Personally, I like people with high post counts, I don't find them intimidating at all. They are the most experienced, helpful and friendly people on message boards, this applies to here and all the other boards I'm on. A high post count is usually due to a lot of chit-chat but the most acive people on a board are the most active for a reason: A genuine passion for the topic of the board and sharing that passion with others on the internet.

So a big thanks to all those high posters, you guys are (more often than not) the first ones in with a helpful solution to my seemingly endless Alfa troubles. Big thanks to the guys with small post counts too for the help, in fact, big thanks to everyone!

I don't have time to spend on the net as much as I'd like (bloody work!) so I'm one of those that jumps in and out of discussions without keeping up with where the thread has developed but try to stay relevant and as helpful as I can.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Personally, I like people with high post counts, I don't find them intimidating at all. They are the most experienced, helpful and friendly people on message boards, this applies to here and all the other boards I'm on. A high post count is usually due to a lot of chit-chat but the most acive people on a board are the most active for a reason: A genuine passion for the topic of the board and sharing that passion with others on the internet.

So a big thanks to all those high posters, you guys are (more often than not) the first ones in with a helpful solution to my seemingly endless Alfa troubles. Big thanks to the guys with small post counts too for the help, in fact, big thanks to everyone!

I don't have time to spend on the net as much as I'd like (bloody work!) so I'm one of those that jumps in and out of discussions without keeping up with where the thread has developed but try to stay relevant and as helpful as I can.
Quite right, most people on here are brill, thanks to everyone who said welcome etc... on my introduction threads! I will be looking forward to the time I can afford to buy an Alfa and the genuine advice the people of this forum will give!

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
Agreed Dibby:): Would just like to know who they are being paid by?:D

Have to watch ones step though, because if you upset them, they will do all sorts of nasty things, terrorist fashion.:i.e. Get 'Im':lol::D

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
Coyotes uk, loads of good information in back posts, but as always has been the case, MV problems are constantly evolving, so we often require on line assistance, directly, Not so? I'm so paranoid to be thinking once they have sucked your knowledge base, they may decide to put you on the scrap heap! :(: Loads more knowledge accumulated over many years, up there, may take some of it to the grave though, who's loss.?:D

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
Flippin' heck:rolleyes:

At the start of the year my post count was about 1500, now I am a lot further on and I am the same person I just know a few more people on here and my post count has increased. I try and participate where I can, always welcome new people and would never ever bully anyone.

I hate bullying in any form and will not stand for it.

and K is right we are much more interested in boosting our post count then spend time bullying people :lol:

One more for me..............:D

·
Super Moderator
44,889 Posts
I never seeked you out to argue, if i saw you i would have what i saw as banter ,if you took offence to this i am truly sorry.I said some things about speed limits on roundabouts that were at times wrong & other times misinterpreted, but i'm sure you make mistakes & dont like to admit them.I am very sorry but i have a way with words that sometimes makes me appear rude or unfreindly, sometimes i am rude ,along with most people on here at sometime or other:( ;) P.S this is not aimed at bazza for your info. They are questions not opinions.
Then I've misjudged. But your writing style does come across as a bit combative.
For instance, I said I find your football team dull to watch. You described my football team as a 'bunch of f***ing pansies", or something like that. It's a couple of orders of magnitude different.
But as you say, it's easy to misinterpret what people type - were this not my first two days back at work after a week off, and therefore I'm in a foul mood, I'd probably have taken it as banter.

Oh, and I never make mistaeks ;) :p

B

·
0 Posts
Sorry folks - mini-hijack:
Crikey. I have been considering a Delta but can't be doing with an attitude like that. LMC is no better though - let my membership lapse last year over the recent row.
Hijack continued...;)

Don't let that put you off - they are truly awesome cars. Really, really rewarding to drive and sooo communicative. Best car I've ever been in. Just a shame mine's being rebuilt from the ground up at present...:( Mind you, come next summer she's going to be mint :)

E

·
0 Posts
Hijack continued...;)

Don't let that put you off - they are truly awesome cars. Really, really rewarding to drive and sooo communicative. Best car I've ever been in. Just a shame mine's being rebuilt from the ground up at present...:( Mind you, come next summer she's going to be mint :)
Oh definitely, like I say I do miss that car and despite all the rumours mine was very reliable. One of them cars that I think any fan of Italian cars MUST own at some point.

B

·
0 Posts
May well have been ;) Got to be careful as you have an Evo 2 :D:cool:, but at the time all I could afford was a non evo 16v. And prefered to get a top notch 16v rather than a dog of an evo. There were a few people on there that had the attitude of 'oh you don't have an evo' and God help you if you asked a question without meticulously going through the rubbish search function. I may have ignored it, but you just don't seem to get that on this forum.

Still miss the 'grale though :( that and the GTA are the best cars I have owned.
:lol: Yup, it did get a bit bad at one time! I think it's eased off now and is a great place for info - especially if you're into tuning them. Some of the guys are extracting silly power from their cars now.

I love all the Delta variants. :) Only bought an Evo because it was, to be fair, a bit of a cosmetic dog and the bloke accepted a trade in (Mint Saab 9-3 TiD). Mechanically the Grale is (was) mint, but now it's in pieces for a ground-up, bare-metal, total rebuild.

Can't wait for next year ;)

·
Registered
24,517 Posts
Now you're just being plain silly :tut:

:p

:lol:
:lol: Just trying to keep the old droid on side.;) [whispers] he can be a bit of a grumpy old droid at times as well as a bully....monstrous in fact![whispers] ;) :lol:

@BlueEvo2 and Eddie - come on guys! Get a room p-l-eease! Mini-hijack? This will totally hack off Ady. Not alone have over-1k posters dived in against his express wishes :)p ), you've taken it off into Other Marques!:lol:

61 - 80 of 385 Posts