Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
this forum rocks - as a non-techy i've learnt so much about alfas (and cars in general) on an understandable level, without even once feeling belittled/patronised/intimidated/bullied etc etc etc..... post count doesn't really mean much, it's all about what's being said not how often it's being said:)

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
I feel this tread can do more good than harm ,as new posters will read it & know this is a friendly site where you can post drivel, jokes, utter [email protected] (like me) & more serious stuff.;)
What do you mean? A noob will come in here and read the title "High Post Bullies" and think, yeah nice forum, from what's within this thread? :confused:

Nah mate... you most likely haven't yet got the 'feel' of this forum. It's even more friendly than when I joined. Why? Because many high posters take the time to talk to the noobs and when noobs start threads, do respond, which encourages them to participate.

Besides,... the top posters of this forum have very little time to argue/bully because they are more concerned about there post counts :lol:

See, a bully joke there :D :p ;)

S

·
0 Posts
before people take me serious that last post was meant to be a joke!
a cheap maybe and perhaps in bad taste .a bit like me some would say:D :D

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Oh no, it's the alien bully :eek:

Run fer yer lives :lol:

;)

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
before people take me serious that last post was meant to be a joke!
a cheap maybe and perhaps in bad taste .a bit like me some would say:D :D
Until you get to three figures at least, assume yerself completely ignored ;)

S

·
0 Posts
THANK GOD FOR THAT!
can't bear the thought of talking to you hotshots any more than i have too!;) ;)
:D :D :D :D :D .............................................................:D :D :D

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
THANK GOD FOR THAT!
can't bear the thought of talking to you hotshots any more than i have too!;) ;)
:D :D :D :D

:lol:

Why the **** aren't you asleep yet when you said you were going to, in another thread :mad:

:lol:

;)

... sorry, I shall take my leave of this thread now :eek:

BUT no, this is not a forum of bullys, regardless of post count. Yes arguments may insue (sp? Roswell :p) ... but by and large it's a very friendly forum :)

You will be assimilated by your own will ;) Resistance is not even relevant :D

S

·
0 Posts
yes i tried to go to sleep mister kurzon sir but nightmares wouldn't let me:rolleyes:

S

·
0 Posts
whey hey! i've got 2 greenies:cool: now since it's took me 3 yrs and 2 months to get this far by the time i hit 1000 alfa will be building spaceships and we'll all still be praising them on one hand and cursing them on the other:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
yes of course my friend! now this time i am going ,got 5 hours to get some in before getting up for a spot of PT:eek:

goodnight

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
This is only to be answered by people below 1000 posts,
Do you think that people with high posts are bullies?
Do you think they stick together?
Do you think they think their superior?
:rolleyes:
I would class myself as a very low poster, and of course it can sometimes feel intimidating when talking with the high posters,
Why :confused:
IMO I think you have missed the mark on this
What He Said !! :(
Sure, I guess I thought people wouldn't take me as seriously as him,
Again... why :confused:
but if this is just aimed at Bazza, then that is bad play IMO.
What He Said !!! :tut:
I dont think they are bullies , they appear to stick together because they have been part of this forum for a long time , hence the high post count and obviously know each other very well . Many of the high posters have replied to my posts and ive always felt welcome.
I wouldn't class it as sticking togther at all... you've used the wrong terminology there dude !! Ooo sorry can that be classed as Bullying :confused: :rolleyes:
I find the very act of bullying abhorent, I've personally helped a lot of members with lower post counts by talking to them off line via the pager PM systems even explaining how to used these systems.
If you feel bullied ganged up on or threatened why not send a pager or a PM to one of our Moderators who in my opinion investigate and review both sides of the discussion and even reverse descisions after discussing the issue off line.
Most of the higher count members have actually meet IRL and do chat off line so yes we are friends.
What He Said !! ;)
Considering the size of this forum, I think it is one of the most friendly I am on.
A lot of the problem I think is unlike a face to face conversation it's not easy to see when someone is joking or being serious.
Once again.... What He Said !! :D
But we did :inlove: at NAD
:eek: You mean you two timed me :eek:
Why you :swear: :cry:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
I think this forum is what you make of it and your personal attitude towards it !! If you come with a negative attitude that's the experience your going to get from it !! ;)

I'm still a relative noob in terms of the forum life span but have a high post count so which category am I going to get filed in then :confused: *sits back and waits for the abuse to fly from 'The Bullies' * :p

Personally the only abuse I've recieved from members of this site has been from relatively recently joined members - with one exception :rolleyes: - so that kind of shoots the 'High Post Count Bully' thing down a bit doesn't it :confused: ;)

In fact the last person to have a go at me was a Noob who had called someone else a w:swear:ker and was telling us how he'd run motorcyclists into the path of oncoming buses !! :eek:

I - as did Wrinx - took him to task about this and he subsequently apologised but then went off trolling the site - against the rules ITYF :rolleyes: - and then reported one of my posts !! :rolleyes: :lol:

Maybe rather than sitting back and making assumptions about people you should get to know them first - this applies to members new and old BTW !! ;)

21 - 40 of 385 Posts