Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:tut: This is only to be answered by people below 1000 posts,
Do you think that people with high posts are bullies?
Do you think they stick together?
Do you think they think their superior?
If you do answer i think you've proved the point.:tut:

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
hmmm....

Looks like you will be one of 'them' within three or four months :D

·
Super Moderator
44,750 Posts
Since this is apparently aimed at me, I can't see any reason why I can't reply despite you're suggesting it's banned.
I would take exception to the way you post whether I had a lot of posts or not, it's utterly irrelevant. You jump in where others are having civil discussions - even where they're disagreeing, and you put forward your usually ill-considered views in a combative usually offensive manner. You rarely actually put forward any relevant argument, just repeating the same blarney along with a few insults for good measure.
A good example of this is the old "you've got more posts than me and therefore think you're better / are bullying / don't listen to me" chestnut.

I'm quite happy for people to argue or not on here, people have different opinions, and that's what a discussion forum is all about. This is a friendly forum though, and you too often don't remain friendly.
Add that to the fact that since the first thread I came across you (where you finally claimed not to have said something which you had repeated several times throughout it, having finally realised it was an untenable position) you seem to have been seeking me out to cause arguments.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I would class myself as a very low poster, and of course it can sometimes feel intimidating when talking with the high posters, but it is no worse than when you are with a group of people in a bar, who you kind of know in passing, but don't know that well.

Plus, I always find it kind of nice when a "high poster" notices me. It makes me feel like what I am saying is important

IMO I think you have missed the mark on this

·
Premium Member
45,008 Posts
Back in the Smoking Ban thread, I was arguing with Wrinx, a mod at the time, but never felt threatened. Sure, I guess I thought people wouldn't take me as seriously as him, but I was arguing for the opinion in the minority too which didn't help. I was at 500 or so post count back then, not as proliferate back then as I am now.

I think if you are serious about all high-posters acting high and mighty, then fair enough, but if this is just aimed at Bazza, then that is bad play IMO.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since this is apparently aimed at me, I can't see any reason why I can't reply despite you're suggesting it's banned.
I would take exception to the way you post whether I had a lot of posts or not, it's utterly irrelevant. You jump in where others are having civil discussions - even where they're disagreeing, and you put forward your usually ill-considered views in a combative usually offensive manner. You rarely actually put forward any relevant argument, just repeating the same blarney along with a few insults for good measure.
A good example of this is the old "you've got more posts than me and therefore think you're better / are bullying / don't listen to me" chestnut.

I'm quite happy for people to argue or not on here, people have different opinions, and that's what a discussion forum is all about. This is a friendly forum though, and you too often don't remain friendly.
Add that to the fact that since the first thread I came across you (where you finally claimed not to have said something which you had repeated several times throughout it, having finally realised it was an untenable position) you seem to have been seeking me out to cause arguments.
I never seeked you out to argue, if i saw you i would have what i saw as banter ,if you took offence to this i am truly sorry.I said some things about speed limits on roundabouts that were at times wrong & other times misinterpreted, but i'm sure you make mistakes & dont like to admit them.I am very sorry but i have a way with words that sometimes makes me appear rude or unfreindly, sometimes i am rude ,along with most people on here at sometime or other:( ;) P.S this is not aimed at bazza for your info. They are questions not opinions.

H

·
0 Posts
I've never bullied any one in this forum or real life :(

I find the very act of bullying abhorent, I've personally helped a lot of members with lower post counts by talking to them off line via the pager PM systems even explaining how to used these systems.

If you feel bullied ganged up on or threatened why not send a pager or a PM to one of our Moderators who in my opinion investigate and review both sides of the discussion and even reverse descisions after discussing the issue off line.

Most of the higher count members have actually meet IRL and do chat off line so yes we are friends.

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
when i joined this forum little about 8 months ago, i started like everyone else a newbie! i talkeed to everyone and gained friendships, i never felt bullied and i still dont! i also would never bully anyone, cause its not right!! i am just here to chat, help and be helped in the tech section

·
Registered
1,699 Posts

Bit of 'His is bigger than mine' type envy, perhaps?

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Considering the size of this forum, I think it is one of the most friendly I am on.

A lot of the problem I think is unlike a face to face conversation it's not easy to see when someone is joking or being serious.

I was on a Lancia forum and the attitude of some of the people there was pretty dire.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Considering the size of this forum, I think it is one of the most friendly I am on.

A lot of the problem I think is unlike a face to face conversation it's not easy to see when someone is joking or being serious.

I was on a Lancia forum and the attitude of some of the people there was pretty dire.
A very good point, it's easy to misunderstand when not face to face.

D

·
0 Posts
Hmm, I cant say I agree with this in the slightest. Having only been with the forum around a month now I can safely say I have been welcomed in with open arms by everyone.

If anything, I have found the higher posters actually more friendly than some with lower posts such as myself. And the higher posters having been here longer than lower posters I find are more helpful, mainly because as being here longer and owning Alfa's longer they are more experienced to help me with any problems I have.

To be perfectly honest though, the day I feel 'threatened' by word's on a monitor is the day I need to start seeking medical help, lol.

At the end of the day this is all it is; Words on a screen. And luckily I have found these word's welcoming, friendly and extremely helpful.

I have racked up a fair few post's over the last month and if I didn't feel welcome I wouldn't have done this. A fair old whack of my posts have been questions or queries regarding Alfa's obviously, but at the same time I have also stuck a few post's up that are meaningless drivel (See my most recent Dodge Charger thread, lol) just because I like chatting on here to everyone.

Also, here I am answering... And I still don't feel you have proved any point as you say my answer will. This isn't me having a go at you in the slightest or anything as I get along with you just fine, and have had a few banter sessions in the past with yourself which I took in jest.

But this new thread is a slight bit odd really, and seems to victimize high posters who have been here a while, and asking them not to post in this thread is sort of self contradictory to the point you are trying to make. Of course they need to post to this thread, otherwise it's unfair not letting them have their say.

Take it steady mate and let's just all try to get along,

Cheers,
Darren

B

·
0 Posts

Wasn't EvoForum was it, Eddie? ;)

(Next bit not aimed at Eddie, just a general post from here on in...)

The thing that bugs me on forums, and generally makes me delete or edit posts is "end of" kind of responses: "your opinion is wrong, mine is right, end of."

I think people forget that their fellow posters might well be experienced / educated / knowledgable etc and also forget that often a post only contains a fraction of the actual intent - otherwise they'd be essays.

I try to read between the lines and give the benefit of the doubt. I am no saint but I try and wish more people would too. For example, I have loads more to say on the New Mondeo thread, but have just lost the will... :lol:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I feel this tread can do more good than harm ,as new posters will read it & know this is a friendly site where you can post drivel, jokes, utter [email protected] (like me) & more serious stuff.;)

1 - 20 of 385 Posts