Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am possibly looking at replacing my daily work horse (Clio 1.5 dci), at 125k miles it has been VERY good to me. Cheap as chips to run and low tax, however its time I stepped it up a gear in terms of quality and refinement as I my annual millage may be increasing. As you can tell high mileage cars don’t bother me, I am happy to get something with over 100k as long as I know the possible pitfalls and costs. So my wife as the Giullietta 2.0 170, great car, great engine. So I thought it would make sense to go for the same engine, the 2.4 sounds great but seems high on tax and fuel, a decent 100k 159 ti 2.0 can be had for around 5-6k. A much better prospect then the usual German garbage.

Now I am aware of the DPF/EGR issues (like most cars) so a delete and remap would be fine. I just wanted to get peoples feedback on other items which are common on these cars and costs?

I have listed a few items of concern, if you guys could fill the blanks?

Turbo: Any issues reported?

General engine issues?

Gearbox of this model, not the 1.9 ?

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
My 159 JTDM is currently up for sale on Pistonheads. 125,000 miles and drives like new. Doesn't look far off either!

Gearbox fully rebuilt with uprated bearings and feels fantastic. The DPF has been cored and the EGR blanked with DPF/EGR delete and stage one re-map so no issues there. The car has 185bhp with way over 40mpg average consumption. It's a stunning car and a reluctant sale. Just been serviced and MOT'd. All major issues sorted and maintained regardless of cost. Cheaper than a 2.4 with nearly as much power. Take a look or give me a shout if you're interested in a viewing. The advert (hoepfully) says it all!

Used 2006 Alfa Romeo 159 JTD TURISMO (150BHP) for sale in West Sussex | Pistonheads

If maintained properly and looked after, there should be no major issues. Good for 250,000 miles+

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 159 JTDM is currently up for sale on Pistonheads. 125,000 miles and drives like new. Doesn't look far off either!

Gearbox fully rebuilt with uprated bearings and feels fantastic. The DPF has been cored and the EGR blanked with DPF/EGR delete and stage one re-map so no issues there. The car has 185bhp with way over 40mpg average consumption. It's a stunning car and a reluctant sale. Just been serviced and MOT'd. All major issues sorted and maintained regardless of cost. Cheaper than a 2.4 with nearly as much power. Take a look or give me a shout if you're interested in a viewing. The advert (hoepfully) says it all!

Used 2006 Alfa Romeo 159 JTD TURISMO (150BHP) for sale in West Sussex | Pistonheads

If maintained properly and looked after, there should be no major issues. Good for 250,000 miles+
Thanks for the post! Ideally I want a TI, great example. Good luck with the sale. :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts