Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
got my first 155 2.o 8V last week. Almost perfect condition, everything original. But as you now, there are so many possibilites...
But firstly I have to improve the sound (nothing in!).
I read some of you have a CD changer, where do you put them?
And how much space (depth) do the front doors offer if not extended by MDF?
Thanks for your tips!
Ciao
wolf

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Henry,
thought so. Saw a posting someone had it under a front seat, but I guess when sitting on rear seat you would kick the thing.
I'll start next weekend, let's see.
ciao
wolf

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wolf, my cd is a standard Philips 6 disc and is mounted in the left corner of the boot just inside the aperture.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine's mounted in the left side of the boot as well! Nice and tidy.
I'm using two layers of 3/4 inch mdf to mount my front speakers on. Although on reflection i probably didn't need that much.
Maybe none needed at all actually, as my front speakers are particularly shallow fitting, and the doors offer a fair amount of space. The main reason for using mdf is that it gives a good solid mounting surface, and helps with sound quality.

Regards,

A.H

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, I actually bought a VDO 4 disc in-dash changer to go under my head unit in the dash. Unfortunately, there was no space for it. It looked like the gearbox was right there! I was a bit disappointed as I had to swap it for a six-disc changer under the passenger seat. Probelm with that is the heater duct is right in the way and it can only face out backwards. I didn't really want it in the boot as its a little inconvenient.
Just thought I'd share that...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,
mille grazie for your hints. By chance I got a Alpine radio with CD (no changer) from my brother in law. I'm using that one now although it doesn't like self burned CDs so much..
ciao
wolf

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My CD changer is under the passenger seat - too lazy to open the boot whenever I want to change the disks. Passengers in the rear seat don't kick the unit as there is a strut under the seat. Only problem is my wife keeps putting the seat right back (gets excited)and exposes the CD unit, its then in danger of being kicked by her.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts