Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know whether the ride hieght and general hieght of the spring on the 155 2.0ltr TS 8v differs from any other model. I have just swapped the front nearside shock absorber arm complete and cv boot, because mine was leaking, the dreaded MOT was due! They looked the same to me in length? Trouble is that the car sits a little bit funny and there is definate difference in clearance between nearside and offside, which is the original part. It might be that it has not settled yet?

Does anyone know if the springs are different. I believe the complete arm came off a 155 1.8 TS?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Springs are the same for 1.6/1.8/2.0 and then V6/Q4 so if you stick a 1.8 on a Q4 it probably won't be able to cope long term.

Also, your OE spring may have settled more than the 1.8 as you say.

wrinx

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wrinx said:
Springs are the same for 1.6/1.8/2.0 and then V6/Q4 so if you stick a 1.8 on a Q4 it probably won't be able to cope long term.

Also, your OE spring may have settled more than the 1.8 as you say.

wrinx
Cheers Wrinx

I think you are probably right about the settling of the springs, only problem now is the Ansa exhaust has fallen off. It did sound lose yesterday, so I can't drive it to get suspension to settle just yet. job for tommorrow now. Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts