Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've got a 02 plate 147 lusso 2.0

Little problem.... i bought some HID's off my mate... got a really good price for them aswell.

thing is i we tried fitting them the other day and got very stuck while doing so.... getting the clip on over the bulb after it's in place...

has anyone done this, or have any pointers for me??

Thanks in advance

Adam

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
when you inspect them side by side, is the base any thicker on your HID? it probably is; so the spring clip will be a lot tighter in this situation, so push harder! :p

though i'm unsure about how HIDs will perform in the reflector lenses of a 147. there could be a lot of glare to oncoming traffic, so be mindful of this.

:)

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
147's are pretty good, providing there the right bulbs H7R's, which i doubt, so there may be some glare, but they are a tight fit.

you have got the right bulbs havnt you?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fitted and very happy, seem to be ******* a fair amount of people of with how bright they can be if caught wrong...

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
I got HIDs from HIDS4U.co.uk | HID Kits, car bulbs, wiper blades Fitted perfectly, no need to modify anything, the base was thin metal, easy to install, bulb was short enough to fit under the metal bulb cap in the reflector... But I was not happy with the light output. I had the light adjusted, no problem with this, but the light pattern was not even and not so wide as with H7. I had darker and brighter sports on the road. I put the H7s back in 1 month...

But my headlights are not originals, they are GTA copy manufactured by TYC, bought at alfisti.net. Maybe the reflectors are not the same quality....

·
Registered
30,246 Posts
But my headlights are not originals, they are GTA copy manufactured by TYC, bought at alfisti.net. Maybe the reflectors are not the same quality....
The quality of aftermarket copies has come up before. Someone had a set of Depo ones and only realised how bad they were when they refitted originals.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
Fitted and very happy, seem to be ******* a fair amount of people of with how bright they can be if caught wrong...
When you say bright, you mean misaligned and dazzling because of the undefined beam pattern. :rolleyes:
The sooner legislation is brought in banning aftermarket HIDs the better.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
When you say bright, you mean misaligned and dazzling because of the undefined beam pattern. :rolleyes:
The sooner legislation is brought in banning aftermarket HIDs the better.
my beam pattern is spot on;)nerner:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
How do you know? :confused: ;)
tested;) that and nobody has flashed me ever, so there either 3 things.

1. correctly alligned with no scatter (which they are, what you get for having H7R's i suppose;))
2. my car scares them into silence, doubtful:lol:
3. nobody is ar$ed around here, even the police:cheese:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so if i had h7r's as opposed to h7's then it should be more likely to get through an mot??.. trying to plan ahead... due in nov and would rather leave them in

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
yup, i passed a few with normal h7's. as long as they are fitted correctly then there shouldnt be much of an issue. headlamp washers make a pass easier too;)

but h7r's have no scatter at all, soooooo...........:thumbs:

but at the end of the day its down to the tester whether they pass you or not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts