Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there's one upgrade worth doing. It has to be fitting HID's..:thumbs:

These are 4300K. Nice crisp white light, and only £39.99 from Fleabay. Slim, easy to hide, ballasts as well..:D

DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0041.jpg

DSCF0038.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

·
Registered
488 Posts
Sadly will be illegal with the revised MOT from Feb 2012 - if they do not have automatic levelling and washers then its a failure.

I do wonder how many MOT testers will actually pick up on it though = to be safe I've fitted Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs instead of HID's

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the MOT states "automatic levelling and washers, where fitted".. I could be wrong though..

We have the NCT over here, and HID's pass as long as they are fitted to projector headlights.

·
Registered
30,082 Posts
Whats stopping people changing back to original for mot
Nothing at all.

However I haven't seen the latest wording for next years MOT.
The last wording I saw from about a month ago had lots of "may have" in, ie:
"Cars with HID headlights may have self-levelling"

In no way did it say they MUST have.

What it did say was that self-levelling systems must work, which is a change for next year.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
its a 5 min fix whatever the case anyways but in all honesty i cant see the testers being that detailed in there testing

·
Registered
30,082 Posts
In at least 99.999% of cases, as long as the beam pattern is ok I expect they will pass.

·
Registered
120 Posts
we dont have an mot over here so im not really worried about it passing one but what i am wondering

1 - how hard are they to fit
2 - some people on here said that had either hb3 or hb4 bulbs
3 - if i buy the wrong bulb does it really matter?

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
huge diference and extremly easy to fit 1 or 2 out of 10 on dificulty scale

one you have old bulb out you can tell what it is some GTV are HB3 or 4 and yes it does matter they are not interchangable

1 - 20 of 49 Posts