Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buggeration:eek:

After fitting the hardtop on the weekend & removing it this evening, I've "lost" the little chrome tonaeu (spelling) cover holding hooks that go where the hardtop hooks go:(

I definitely put these in the boot but they've gone MIA:mad:

I emptied the boot & removed the boot carpet but can't see them & their screws but I see a rabbit warren of holes & crevices under there:eek:

Any suggestions before I throw a wobbly & dismantle the entire back end of the car:rant::lol:

Cheers,

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
I don't suppose you did the right thing:) and screwed them onto the little bracket on the hardtop itself where you "are supposed" to store them................!

failing that............ did you put them behind the shelf in the boot that folds forward?

cubbyhole?
trousers, jacket? (you had to have taken them off when you collected the hardtop...the chrome bits I mean!)...............think man! what were you wearing???

or you left them on the drive of the person who sold you the top:)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't suppose you did the right thing:) and screwed them onto the little bracket on the hardtop itself where you "are supposed" to store them................!
Nope:eek::mad:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GTleigh was with me & he says I was careful to put them in the boot.

They must have rolled somewhere but for the life of me I can't see them:(

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
then lift the stiff carpet that hides the boot lock.........I have found many an interesting lost piece there........or the piece that hides the battery..........

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I'm an idiot:eek:

Found them in my man bag, which was, incidentally, in the boot of my car on Saturday:lol:

Just need to get that clutch slave cylinder sorted & all will be good:)

·
Registered
630 Posts
if you ever loose them properly, I've got some CAD drawings of them, that I did to get some re-manufactured.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 11 of 11 Posts