Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the site, ive done a search but havent come up with this one so hopefully it hasnt been asked before!
I've just done the tbelt/wpump on my alfa 145 1.4 twinspark and have a mystery wire looking at me! its the small one that (according to google images) runs past the coil packs and then out from under (towards the front of the car next to the timingbelt) the alfa cover down to...somewhere!
The previous monkey just wrapped it up tight and stuffed it under the rockercover-cover!
Anyone know what it is or where i should be looking for the other half of it??
Or should i just trawl through the wiring diagram?
Cheers all

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Do you have a photo of it?

There's a lot of unused wires on many cars.. the manufacturer fits a common wiring harness, so if the car has optional electronic items and the buyer doesn't buy the option.... or another spec' of the car has a gizmo as standard which your lower (?) spec' car doesn't... then the wiring sits there uniused, with just the terminating connector plug on it.

I'm guessing your plug could be for a/con or the electric headlamp heaight adjusters or foglamps etc. but it sounds strange that it's under the coil cover. There's just coils in there on mine.. :)

Ralf S.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts