Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I spotted my now car being advertised at Veloces I was immediately taken :thumbs:

I always loved the SW look but when this Lusso came up it had 18" alloys, gun metal grey and electric memory seats plus all the other bells & whistles :cool:

However last night my wife used the car and correctly pressed her chosen seat position. So this morning I got in, pressed setting 1 and the mirrors moved as well and I had no idea it had that feature :eek: ;)

Don't you just love surprises after 2 months of ownership.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not really a surprise feature, but my 10-plate SW has an "off" button on the aircon unit where my 57-plate spider had a MASSIVELY more useful "mono" button... Some kind soul on here mentioned that holding down the "auto" button on the drivers side does the same trick...

N

·
0 Posts
If you have memory seats then you'll also have the
automatic angle down on the wing mirror when you
put it into reverse too, I think.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Angle down on reverse is news to me and I am sure I'd have noticed this by now considering I reverse the car into the garage every night but I'll take another look later ;)

My favourite surprise find on a car was my Clio 172 cup. As we all know the 172 cup was very basic :thumbs: with no AC or ABS. So when mine had a cassette head unit I thought oh well I'll need to upgrade the stereo some time. Then 3 or 4 weeks later I dropped something in the foot well and had a look, but hey presto under the drivers seat was 6 disc CD changer :lol::thumbs:

On the 2SKi forum there was always the thread going around "secret compartment" so many people didn't know that the centre arm storage section had another clip that opened up a nice sized storage compartment near the small wind deflector ;)

Reactions: mr c

·
Registered
771 Posts
Not really a surprise feature, but my 10-plate SW has an "off" button on the aircon unit where my 57-plate spider had a MASSIVELY more useful "mono" button... Some kind soul on here mentioned that holding down the "auto" button on the drivers side does the same trick...
Wish I had the "off" button as it a real hassle turning off the older units quickly

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I discovered my coming home lights a couple of night back when I inadvertently knocked the stalk.

Cheers
MC

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I discovered my coming home lights a couple of night back when I inadvertently knocked the stalk.

Cheers
MC

What the........... I'm sure I have this but for the life of me have no idea how this is activated? :confused:

There is a P button with the fog lights and Trip Mi reset button but not bothered to work it out yet :rolleyes:

B

·
0 Posts
I am so glad that I have found that out - this has been driving me nuts! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
What the........... I'm sure I have this but for the life of me have no idea how this is activated? :confused:

There is a P button with the fog lights and Trip Mi reset button but not bothered to work it out yet :rolleyes:
Pull the light stalk back as if you are switching on Main beam (ignition off I think), it then comes up on the display 'coming home lights 20s' I didn't play as it was an accident but I suspect if I pulled the stalk back again it might adjust the delay time :cool:

I really should read the manual :lol:

Cheers
MC

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I'm sure I have this but for the life of me have no idea how this is activated
just pull the stalk back as if you are flashing someone, Fiats have the same and flashing once (with the engine off) gives 30sec and i think you can a max of 2mins.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I discovered driveshafts made of chocolate, upper wishbones made of chocolate and red paint made of...yes you've guessed it...chocolate! :lol:

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
:thumbs: ;)

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I didn't know this but I'm pleased I found it. My 159 is now MONO.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I read that reply the other month and then went and tested my car but the mirrors didn't move when I selected reverse. But at the weekend I was moving the car and suddenly thought that the mirror would need to be set in a reverse position then memorised for my seating position - I was right!!!

Another nice little feature that I have only just worked out :lol: It only seems to work on the NS wing mirror which makes sense really but it would have been nice for both as reversing in to our garage would be better if I could see lower down for toys, bikes and children that might be in the way :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
On my MY2008 Lusso I found out from a Forum member that the top pad of the centre armrest could be slid forwards or backwards (not on LE models apparently) Who knew?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
On my MY2008 Lusso I found out from a Forum member that the top pad of the centre armrest could be slid forwards or backwards (not on LE models apparently) Who knew?
I didn't know that either but I'm sure I've tried because my wife's last 3 cars have had that - but I'll check in a couple of hours when I go home :cool:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeh, it's a bit of a faff, if you go by the handbook you'll do it wrong as the manual assumes a left hand drive. When changing your wing mirrors you have a stalk to choose left, right, middle, this needs to be in the left position when you select reverse (handbook says Right), you will notice the passenger side wing mirror will point towards the floor, quite useful. It can be problematic though! Bit of a design fault really....most of the time when you reverse it's because you're parking and likely to be getting out of the car soon. The mirror only readjusts to it's normal position after about 30 seconds after disengaging reverse...by this time I have already switched the engine off and left the car....you have to then adjust the mirror manually next time you get in the car. :cry:

1 - 20 of 322 Posts