Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any hidden/unknown functions of the car or car electronic? I mean buttons combination to induce some function?
In some of the older mito manuals it was said that if you turn off the ignition and then holding button wich fold the mirrors, you can allow automatic folding. Then it was removed from the manual, and it isnt working.
Have you got any info about hidden functions etc.?

There is a function, wich isnt mention in polish manual (dunno about english) - opening windows while holding buttons on alarm remote.

Hope guys you will help, thx and greeting from Poland

·
Administrator
87,621 Posts
I don't think there are any hidden/unknown functions, just functions some may not be aware of as they may not have taken the time to read the Owner's Manual ;)

The opening of the windows being one example ( it is in the English Owner's Manual )

·
Registered
43 Posts
In my friend Leon, it had a hidden feature where you can set the angle of the wing mirrors for reverse. Next time you pop it inti reverse, it would move the mirrors and then put them back to normal again when you move forward. Does the mito have anything like that?

J

·
0 Posts
In my friend Leon, it had a hidden feature where you can set the angle of the wing mirrors for reverse. Next time you pop it inti reverse, it would move the mirrors and then put them back to normal again when you move forward. Does the mito have anything like that?
not as standard

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have noticed that if you switch off the ignition the electrically operated folding rear view mirrors operate providing the door has not been opened. Once the door has been opened you have to switch the ignition back on to operate the folding mirrors. Not sure if this is in the manual or not.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I've found if you put it in first and drive straight into a wall, pillows for both the driver and passenger appear :thumbs:

The MiTo (and Giulietta) ECU's seem to be devoid of hidden options, most likely because these options don't appear on any other model in the FGA group.

To explain a bit clearer, the example of the Leon mirrors moving is because it's an option available on the Golf. For VW it's more cost effective to keep all the ECU's the same and just disable the functions you haven't paid for.

It's not just a VW thing, the 156 IIRC could be retro-fitted with a stalk for cruise control which could then be enabled with a few button pushes.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
I've found if you put it in first and drive straight into a wall, pillows for both the driver and passenger appear :thumbs:
Bit expensive for "extra" comfort:lol:

·
Registered
760 Posts
I have noticed that if you switch off the ignition the electrically operated folding rear view mirrors operate providing the door has not been opened. Once the door has been opened you have to switch the ignition back on to operate the folding mirrors. Not sure if this is in the manual or not.
found it in my manual. Says turn key to MAR and hold the mirrors button for two second and you should hear a beep and the mirrors will fold automatically when the car is started and turned off. Mine won't seem to do it!!! Ahhh... Hate having to press the button everytime I get in and out! Anyone help, does it sound like I'm doing right?!

·
Registered
6 Posts
found it in my manual. Says turn key to MAR and hold the mirrors button for two second and you should hear a beep and the mirrors will fold automatically when the car is started and turned off. Mine won't seem to do it!!! Ahhh... Hate having to press the button everytime I get in and out! Anyone help, does it sound like I'm doing right?!
this wont work on mine either its a pain :mad:

·
Registered
31 Posts
if you happen to have left the windows down, double-clicking the lock button on the remote and holding on the second click will close the windows. Also, pulling the main beam stalk allows the headlights to stay on for a period of selected time, ie pull once for 30 seconds, twice for 60 seconds, etc, up to 2 min 30s can be chosen iirc. This is a one-time only operation though, it won't do it every time you exit the car. the auto folding mirrors would be perfect :)

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
if you happen to have left the windows down, double-clicking the lock button on the remote and holding on the second click will close the windows.
A single press and hold will do. I guess the double press and hold is if you want the double locking to operate.

Also doing a single press and hold to open the car and wind the windows fully down - good if you're in the house and you want to wind the windows of your hot car down before going out to it :)

The see-me-home headlights are so useful :thumbs:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts