Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even the hidden diagnostics menu in the nav showed that that amp was ok.
This quote was taken from the '159 Bose sound system' thread, but I've never heard of any hidden menu's.
Anyone got any ideas on hidden menu's in the factory fit sat nav ??

·
Registered
12 Posts
1. Go to 'Setup'
2. Go to 'System'
3. Now press 'System' again three times (any of the three buttons will do)
4. Now press enter (push the knob on the right)

A new menu item called 'Service' should appear with all sorts of things innit. :)

This same method works for quite a number of Alfas, Fiats and Lancias navs. Button arrangement might differ though.. not sure.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blimey, live and learn don't you. Wonder what else is hidden away ?

Incidently on my version it's 'connect' rather than 'system', but I guess that's just a Model Year thing.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
You will find a hidden menu on the 166 ics also, cant remember how tho!?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, thanks for the nod Dougie but I think I've got all the 166 ones (I think!), I'm just looking for the one on the 159 that turns the Bose into the Becker DSP from the 166 !!
Failing that turning the 'graphic' and 'loudness' back on would be nice, although I guess I might have to resort to the 'Booster In' pin on the back of the multipin if I'm going to manage that.

Is it just me, or are Bose incredibly arrogant about telling us whats best, when they don't know personal taste, type of music, dynamic range, noise conditions and quite frankly quality of original recording etc. Alfa got it so right with premium dsp audio with Becker and so incredibly wrong with Bose. Why did they ever change ? Grrrr.

·
Registered
46 Posts
TBH, as an audiofile, all systems sound best with no eq IMHO. My last BMW had individual audio and it was stunning, but only when set to flat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts