Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from buying your car and realised that your plate may be worth something?

i had been driving mine a week before a mate ripped the hell out of me for my plate, i didnt know what he was talking about and then he spelled it out for me.....

MJO 4 LVG

well i nearly soiled myself with laughter, but looking tonight on dvla site at cherished plates.........anyone reckon this may be worth something? anyone else bought a car which may have £$£$£ for a number plate?

or is it just my mate that sees something in this registration?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heheh i never did until it was pointed out to me. put your austin powers hat on and read it again.

D

·
0 Posts
Ped, it's s**t. :lol: What's it supposed to say? Mojo something or other?

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Most of the private plates, at a reasonable cost, can be pretty obscure in their message. Folks alter the spacing, and still they are a puzzle, perhaps not so to the owners though:rolleyes: Had a couple in the past, that related to the cars type etc; but wouldn't bother now. I think the plates are coming in for new MoT regs anyhow. Spacing, Post Code of suppliers on post 2001 motors I think, so it's all change again!:): So, for mesel' can't be fazzed wiv' it anymore.:D

D

·
0 Posts
My Mondeo had L2 KPN, which was the former owners name. Kenneth Paul Needs. Made sense.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to be honest i would never buy a private plate anyhow, just dont get it really. i see the use for a company who doesnt want to betray the age of their directors cars so they use private plates. i get that i really do. but for average joes like me.....errrrr nah.

ok and to give the answer to the quiz.......

according to my mate it would work like this

mojo for loving
mjo 4 lvg

lol ok ok well i found it funny anyway :) :) :)

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
hmm, what is the going rate for "dateless" plates these days? The previous owner of mine couldn't be bothered to remove the plate so it is still on it. i like it :)

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
i always wanted to be a genitourinary/bladder surgeon and have a big car with the plate P155 BAG

or to be charles kennedy with the plate P155 POT

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Me bruv' went and got *MRW, just to spook me, but I never bit!! His wife cleared off with another geezer, but he got it back as it was his personal initials. Good one bruv', had one on her.:D:):

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
If i had plenty of money, i would have "R4NSO"

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Update,

I just got dreamy about that plate so i put it into the DVLA cherished plate website. Already sold, so i put it into the HPI check website, look what came up:

ehicle Details 1 for registration number R4NSO
Make MERCEDES
Year of manufacture 1997
Model SLK 230 KOMPRESSOR AUTO
Engine size(CC) 2298

So some tasteless hairdresser already has my dream plate :(

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
When I got the 159 my wife bought me a new plate to go with it, S8 AFD (my initials). Strangely the alternative AF07 DUF (initials and surname) was £144 more expensive, despite the fact it was a dated plate appropriate to the newly registered car.

·
Registered
191 Posts
My GT was originally registered as:

AL04LFA

Some dealer obviously sold that somewhere down the line :(

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
I wanted "TO55 ERS" but the DVLA didn't want to sell it me... :lol:

Nor "C11 NTS" ... ;)

Nor "W4 NKA" :D

Even boring old "R4 LFS" was not available.. but I think that's because someone had already bought that one.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have a personal plate with my initials.

However, the ultimate plate for one of my favourite cars was offered to me when I was working in London. Sadly I didn't have the cash - I still rue that day. The plate was:

M5 CUM :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts