Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by bazza:
<strong>Sorry, looking back that did look a bit brusque, didn't it? I didn't mean it like that, honest. :eek:
Here:
wink :D :) :rolleyes: laughing :p

Spread these liberally within that last message, and it'll look a lot more friendly. :D </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Do your fogs turn off on high beam baz?

Mine don't.. :D :D :confused:

·
Administrator
46,681 Posts
To tell the truth AJ, I don't know, I've never checked. But they're supposed to.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bazza no offence taken :)

I totally agree about not driving round with fog lights on when it isn't foggy, however a good thing about the 147's lights is that if you are driving in the countryside you can use the fog lights to increase the 'spread' of the lights and no-one will even know you have got them on.

Nick

·
Registered
395 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Gysman:
<strong>Hi,

some "features" that are (as far as I know) not in the manual:

1) The way parking lights work: With the key in the ignitionlock push the small button on the lock, and turn the key counter-clock-wise. This turns on the parkinglights. So far, nothing new. When switching the blinker-arm-lever-switch to the left, only the front en rear left lights turn on. When switching the blinker-arm-lever-switch to the right, only the right lights are on. (Volkswagen and AUDI do the same thing i believe);

2) To use the "nightpanel", press and hold the dashboard illumination minus key for about four second. This turns off all dashboard light except board computer display and speedometer. Again, nothing new. Now, if something happens to the car that requires your attention, all light come back on! Try revving the car in the red, and see what happens!

Maybe others know more undocumented features?

G.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">1. I tried to get my key in park condition, but i didn't succeed pushing the small button you mention. If it's the small lip inside the lock, than i can push it a little but probably not far enough. So what's the trick here?

2. Pushed the minus button for about a minute, but nothing happened. Of course the lights went darker (less bright), but they didn't dissappear.

Extra point.
I always have problems reseting the counter that shows your km (trip-meter). In the manual it says push the km button for a few seconds, but it doesn't always work. When do you have to push it? Do you push it when your engine is running, or with the ignition on? From experience it looks like it works best while the ignition is in the "on" position, but the engine is not running yet.

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by N1:
<strong>1. I tried to get my key in park condition, but i didn't succeed pushing the small button you mention. If it's the small lip inside the lock, than i can push it a little but probably not far enough. So what's the trick here?</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">N1,

It's indeed that black lid that's attached to your ignition.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by N1:
<strong>2. Pushed the minus button for about a minute, but nothing happened. Of course the lights went darker (less bright), but they didn't dissappear.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You should push AND HOLD the minus key once and after a couple of seconds it should work.

<strong>Extra point.
I always have problems reseting the counter that shows your km (trip-meter). In the manual it says push the km button for a few seconds, but it doesn't always work. When do you have to push it? Do you push it when your engine is running, or with the ignition on? From experience it looks like it works best while the ignition is in the "on" position, but the engine is not running yet.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Resetting the trip-meter should always work. No matter if your stationary or travelling. Maybe there's something wrong with your KM-button/software? Ask your dealer about this.

·
Registered
395 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mel Bonkers:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by N1:
<strong>1. I tried to get my key in park condition, but i didn't succeed pushing the small button you mention. If it's the small lip inside the lock, than i can push it a little but probably not far enough. So what's the trick here?</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">N1,

It's indeed that black lid that's attached to your ignition.
<hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So how do you push it in all the way?

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by N1:
<strong>2. Pushed the minus button for about a minute, but nothing happened. Of course the lights went darker (less bright), but they didn't dissappear.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You should push AND HOLD the minus key once and after a couple of seconds it should work.
<hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I did hold it there for more than a couple of seconds. :) No change.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by N1:
<strong>Extra point.
I always have problems reseting the counter that shows your km (trip-meter). In the manual it says push the km button for a few seconds, but it doesn't always work. When do you have to push it? Do you push it when your engine is running, or with the ignition on? From experience it looks like it works best while the ignition is in the "on" position, but the engine is not running yet.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Resetting the trip-meter should always work. No matter if your stationary or travelling. Maybe there's something wrong with your KM-button/software? Ask your dealer about this.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

C

·
0 Posts
Well...in the condition of a ´99 Alfa 146, all I can say is that I can´t find any hidden special features on my LCD counter.

BUT sometimes I can ear some strange noises behind my dashboard and under the seats and therefore I am almost positive that my car as special creatures hiddin´ around laughing laughing laughing

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Do you have some midgets inside your Alfa, Eduardo? :D

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Hi, there's a question a few threads ago about the boot release not working; I guess this is the remote release? May sound patronising, but have you checked all the fuses? My 145 had a similar problem, and it was caused by a fuse which is hidden next to the main fuse box. :D

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
<strong> 2. Pushed the minus button for about a minute, but nothing happened. Of course the lights went darker (less bright), but they didn't dissappear.

</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This can only be done when the car isn't moving, like most of the trip computer functions.. so you can only do this when the car is stationary

·
Registered
366 Posts
nope, I'm able to change this while driving... :cool:

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by cfcnick:
<strong>Just found out last night that if you turn on high beam, it turns off the front fog lights! Why?

Nick</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, it does turn off the dipped beam lights IF you have your foggies on as well.
If you have the foggies NOT on, the dipped beams stay on.
I guess it's a heat or current limitation feature.

Grtz

Ivo

·
Registered
395 Posts
1. Still don't figure out how to push that small button unless you have very long nails.

2. OK, so the night panel thing works only at stand still. Engine running or not running?

3. FOund out that, in order to reset the trip meter, it's not the holding of the button that resets it, but releasing the button. ????? So if you hold the button nothing will happen untill you release it. So what's the trick, push, hold it there for about 3-4 secs and release it, the moment you release it, it resets. (pushing it and wait for a long time like i did, has no effect)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Does the park lever thingy work on 156 because we too have the parklight black lip key to turn them both on but I cant try it now my alfa is back home in Beirut and im in italia

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
This morning I found a new feature!
(Small nose facelift 156)
Go to Service on your InfoPod.
It tells you how many miles you have left until the next service, or days when you get near...
Then, press + or - and it tells you what coolant, brake fluid and tyre pressures you should use. It's not that useful though because when you get to OIL, it says "Refer to Owner's Handbook".
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
As I now have a new body computer, some functions (like the foglights <> dippedlights thingy and the night panel) work different than earlier eek!

Just when I thought I knew how it all works :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by firebird:
<strong>Does the park lever thingy work on 156 because we too have the parklight black lip key to turn them both on but I cant try it now my alfa is back home in Beirut and im in italia</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Works on mine - push the black button in and turn the key back while holding the button in (the button is just a latch to stop you turning the key all the way back to park each time you switch off). its actually marked on the lock as 'Park'.

Not sure this is std though cos in UK Parking lights are illegal to use, so uk cars dont have the feature normally, but Mines sourced in Germany.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Here's sth I learned the hard way (dead battery) :mad:
You cannot lock the rear doors of the 147 with no power. You must stay and watch the car :D :mad: frown

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
<strong> FOund out that, in order to reset the trip meter, it's not the holding of the button that resets it, but releasing the button. ????? So if you hold the button nothing will happen untill you release it. So what's the trick, push, hold it there for about 3-4 secs and release it, the moment you release it, it resets. (pushing it and wait for a long time like i did, has no effect)</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Typical onkeyup event :rolleyes:

21 - 40 of 42 Posts