Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

some "features" that are (as far as I know) not in the manual:

1) The way parking lights work: With the key in the ignitionlock push the small button on the lock, and turn the key counter-clock-wise. This turns on the parkinglights. So far, nothing new. When switching the blinker-arm-lever-switch to the left, only the front en rear left lights turn on. When switching the blinker-arm-lever-switch to the right, only the right lights are on. (Volkswagen and AUDI do the same thing i believe);

2) To use the "nightpanel", press and hold the dashboard illumination minus key for about four second. This turns off all dashboard light except board computer display and speedometer. Again, nothing new. Now, if something happens to the car that requires your attention, all light come back on! Try revving the car in the red, and see what happens!

Maybe others know more undocumented features?

G.

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
Hey Gys, ddn't know the left/right trick :cool:

The night panel thing is documented in the manual, I believe ....

I think you ave to speak to Mel about this, he knows all :D (I guess you did this saturday wink )

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ivo:
<strong>Hey Gys, ddn't know the left/right trick :cool:
</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I knew it and it was just by luck. :D Ones I turned the presence lights on and remember that feature in other cars... it worked. :)

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by THROTTLEMAN:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ivo:
<strong>Hey Gys, ddn't know the left/right trick :cool:
</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I knew it and it was just by luck. :D Ones I turned the presence lights on and remember that feature in other cars... it worked. :) </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The parking lights of the Beemer are on the remote control :cool: :D

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
press the "rear" button to lower the rear windows,
after a few seconds, it will set itself off again :cool:

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Wimster:
<strong>press the "rear" button to lower the rear windows,
after a few seconds, it will set itself off again :cool: </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Seems it doesn't work with mine?! :confused: wink

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by THROTTLEMAN:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Wimster:
<strong>press the "rear" button to lower the rear windows,
after a few seconds, it will set itself off again :cool: </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Seems it doesn't work with mine?! :confused: wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">it takes a bit more than just a FEW seconds ... wink

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
I'll wait wink

·
Registered
908 Posts
Well my bella comes with two white pillows for the front seats. The come out, when you are tired and are about to fall asleep in your car.

The only problem now is....how to get them back in... :rolleyes:

D

M

·
0 Posts
My "hidden feature":
For the first 18 months of the car's life the boot could be opened using either the keyfob or the dashboard button. Now it won't open at all.

Is this a special security feature? :cool: :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
46,310 Posts
Because you're never supposed to have both on at the same time. If it's foggy you should never use high beam, it'll reflect light back and dazzle you, and if it isn't foggy, you shouldn't have your fog lights on. All cars with properly wired fog lights turn them off when you've got high beam on.

·
Administrator
46,310 Posts
Sorry, looking back that did look a bit brusque, didn't it? I didn't mean it like that, honest. :eek:
Here:
wink :D :) :rolleyes: laughing :p

Spread these liberally within that last message, and it'll look a lot more friendly. :D

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by mr hanky:
<strong>My "hidden feature":
For the first 18 months of the car's life the boot could be opened using either the keyfob or the dashboard button. Now it won't open at all.

Is this a special security feature? :cool: :rolleyes: </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">nope.. that's standard :rolleyes:
laughing

1 - 20 of 42 Posts