Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up until a week ago I was a Fiat Bravo owner until the floods claimed my it as a victim. After looking about I'm now interested in the 156 2.4JTD. I'm a bit sceptical of buying Alfa because of past reliability problems and the possible expense of running such a car....advice would be very welcome :D

·
Administrator
60,067 Posts
Hi and welcome puntomatt, hope you enjoy the site and gathering info on alfa's. Like BF said they are addictive.:) Cheers.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO, Alfas are no less reliable than anything else, so buy one and enjoy :)

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Hi and welcome to AO :)

I owned and loved a Fiat Bravo 1.8 GT from new for 5 years, but everything about it always felt and repeatedly proved to be fragile.... brakes, clutch, cooling system, door handles, windscreen wipers etc. etc.

By comparison my Alfa 147 GTA has a much more substantial feel to it, and after 30,000 klms so far the only problems I've had is with the drive shaft couplings and selespeed paddles, all of which have been replaced under warranty with improved components... And the driving experience is from a different planet :)

AM

·
Registered
200 Posts
welcome,
I've owned Fiat Puntos in the past and currently own a ford focus as my 'other' car. I've owned my 147 for only 8 months and have had nothing but pleasure driving it and no problems. I'm currently looking to sell my focus for another Alfa. Go for it.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guy, thanks for the welcome!!!

Well I've joined the fray, got me a 156 2.4JTD Lusso, had it 3 weeks now and I'm loving it. I'll post some pics when I can work out how to do so :eek:

H

·
0 Posts
Well done that man ;)

Welcome to AO

Puntomatt

With a name like that I thought you had a Punto :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts