Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
im 16 and i have been given a 3ltr v6 164 and im on the way to restoreing this beautiful beast any tips or comments are more than welcome

thanks jack

·
Registered
268 Posts
A crackin car........but a bit of a bugger to work on, I have two v6,s (one being a 12v cloverleaf) and a t/s spares car that I am taking apart for parts,
Best tips.......find your local A.R.O.C. night and go along, dont ever buy cheap tools......go to car boot sales you can get good spanners ect for buttons, and always check what your doing three times as mistakes can cost a fortune to put right, take your time and enjoy it so when you can drive she will be ready.
Good luck ,and any problems post them up.

ps......if you have not found the 164 digest on the web yet, its a good place for tech advice :)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hey Jack !! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey thanks for the warm welcome guys. i would love to drive the car but insurance on a 3ltr v6 at 18 would be bonkers!. i am in need of some parts do any of you have (here we go) an electronic wing mirror switch, a 164 door handle, and does any of you know where i can get replacement panels? bit of a hole at usual wheel arch.

Again thanks for the warm welcome you seem a well good bunch of people. thanks jack

·
Registered
268 Posts
What year is the car, and where are you Jack ?, I am breaking a facelift (94) 164 for parts and may have some of what you need.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
she is a 1991 164 (there she is in the pic) and im in winchester near southampton. i keep the car in barn that we are using and the farmer often lets me use the car he takes me to his private land and i get to drive :D. that would be great if you could help thanks jack

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh i forgot and the 3ltr v6 alfa romeo badges as the person who had it before me took theese badges off and stuck stickers on it :mad: . . . poor car thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts