Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just found this club by chance, must say i am very new alfa owner (1 year now) and wondering if other can share tips and tricks on maintaining my alfa GTV (which i find a thrill to drive)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome :)

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
harleyriv said:
Welcome to AO dude..any pics? (this statement brought to you courtesy of Mike Brown©)..
:cheese: :cheese:

MB... looks like you may have to extend your verbose eloquence to upgrade the "welcome" sketch. :D :D

AM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well here is my first question
on my last service (70K) i was told that my clutch was going, i am at 77k now and dont feel any different (non of the obvoius signs of a worn out clutch) will a worn out clutch affect the preformance of the car?
i was thinking of changing it soon but it sounds very steep about 700euro for a new one is that normal price?
any suggestion of what i should be looking out for?
as i am in the belgium region can any one recommend a good garage, i have been using the alfa dealer here who has also been giving me the advice, but i would like a second option,
while i am at it i was wondering if i could share a website of a local alfa garage which i use but they also sound expensive
http://users.skynet.be/socaro/
thanks for any advice

imran

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
imran Mohsin said:
well here is my first question
on my last service (70K) i was told that my clutch was going, i am at 77k now and dont feel any different (non of the obvoius signs of a worn out clutch) will a worn out clutch affect the preformance of the car?
i was thinking of changing it soon but it sounds very steep about 700euro for a new one is that normal price?
/QUOTE]

Price sounds fairly ok, I'm surprised that you've none of the usual symptoms though, mine always bit near the top of the travel when they'r e on the way out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts