Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all the Alfa owners out there. Good to see so many of you lot out there. As you can guess, I wouldn't be here if I didn't have a couple of alfa's myself. A 3.0 litre V6 12v 164 and my pride and joy, A 155 1747 16v which I have justed fitted new high profile Cams and induction kit to. mmm love that twin cam sound. I've had both of them in bits over the years that i've owned them so will be happy to share my knowledge of the inner workings of both engines!!! J

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Hi Joss,
Welcome to AO! :D

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO :) Be good to see pics of your pair :D

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Joss, envy you the 12v 164, allegedly the quickest pre facelift. I'm surpised you prefer the 155, what did you think of the cam upgrade ??

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
Joss, Welcome to AO, your expertise will be warmly received here

PICS PLEASE :))

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it's an improvement on the standard but there are a couple of flat spots around the 2500rpm mark and the 3600rpm mark. The company i bought the Cams from warned me of this and suggested I get the car rolling road tuned.There is a chip for the 2.0 litre but they couldn't help with my 1.8. Don't suppose you know of anywhere which does a chip upgrade?
J

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Joss said:
Well it's an improvement on the standard but there are a couple of flat spots around the 2500rpm mark and the 3600rpm mark. The company i bought the Cams from warned me of this and suggested I get the car rolling road tuned.There is a chip for the 2.0 litre but they couldn't help with my 1.8. Don't suppose you know of anywhere which does a chip upgrade?
J
Squadra have one for the 155 -

http://www.squadra-tuning.com/English/EN_alfa_155_18_TS.htm

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for that. just been and ordered one a minute ago. Pics coming soon to I promise.

J

1 - 12 of 12 Posts