Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just registered here, as I've just treated myself to a '96 Spider TS.

I had an Alfa 33 many years ago and loved everything about it, and graduated to the Spider as a weekend treat. I hope there are plenty of Spider owners out there, as I'm bound to have a few questions!

In fact, I have one already....I need to insure it and wondered whether there are any schemes or companies I should be aware of when I get quotes? I understand I can do it as a classic, but don't know who to go to. I would hugely appreciate any pointers.

Thanks for now, and hope to hear from some of you.

Good to be here as an owner!

toadbest

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Welcome on board Toadbest,

I hope that you will really appreciate the full expertise provided by very enthusiast Alfa lover here.

All the Best,

Fabrice

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi again,
Thanks for all the suggestions. I tried a few, including the moneysupermarket types, and ended up with Admiral, who are only £350 comp. with business use. Not bad eh?

I've been looking around the site, and have now uploaded some pictures. How do I get a picture by my name when I post?

Its good to know there are people like you out there to help us newbie posters and owners!

Cheers for now.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi toadbest, welcome to AO
try clicking on user cp at top of page then follw instuctions
Have you had a quote from Hastings direct?

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello mate and welcome along !! :)

H

·
0 Posts
Welcome Mr Toad.

Kinda wind in the willows feel :D

Glad to hear you got it up :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi...could i just ask what were the specs on the 33 you owned before the spider (very hot by the way)? did you have any major hassles with it?
Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi, it was a few years ago now, but was a beautiful red Alfa 33 1.5 Cloverleaf. black sports interior, alloys, etc.

Considering it was only a 1500cc it went like a rocket, and the boxer engine was very reliable. I only changed as a very kind young lady in her dad's van drove a bit too fast and remodelled the front end for me.

18 months and much arguing later, I got the insurance cheque. By then I had a mondeo 2ltr glx.

Anyhow, I never had any great problems with the car, and loved owning it. I can't actually remember having to spend anything on it!

If you are thinking of getting one, hope it goes well.

Cheers!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts