Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
My name is John. Stumbled across this site by accident a few months ago even though I have been an Alfa owner for many years. Impressed by the wealth of information and willingness of you guys to share.
Started my love affair with Alfas in 1975 with a Sud Ti, quickly followed by a nearly new 1600GT Junior a brilliant car. Alfetta GTVs etc after this.
My current Alfas are 1970 1750 GTV bought fully restored a few years ago and used mainly for the odd european holiday. A phase 2 T/S GTV which I have had done up including full respray with original Cup side panels fitted at the same time, unusual in that it has a blue interior. I personally have only seen one other. Finally a 159 SW 2.4JTDm bought at 5months old ex Alfa Romeo and one of the last to be registered. My first modern Alfa for probably 25 years. Now fast approaching 90,000 miles it has been everything I could have hoped for.
I intend to be out and about at some of the meets next year, so hopefully get to meet some of you. Keep up the good work.

John.

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO......great list of previous and present Alfas.......:thumbs:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I grew up in Northop and then moved around a bit. Moved back to the area last year so know your area well too.
Considered buying a GT before the 159. I think they are a fabulous looking car. See a pale blue one parked in the high street occassionally.

C

·
0 Posts
Given your other cars, the 159 sounds like the wisest choice, equally good looking but they're a nicer place to sit in.

Btw if you ever need a diagnostic, I have fiat ecu scan. Just drop me a pm.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK. Ta for offer. We shall have to meet up sometime in the New Year. The older GTV is in professional storage for the winter, but the newer one I use all the year round on fine days. You are right about the 159, very quiet and comfortable. I don't really need an estate, but for me personally I think the SW is better looking than the saloon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts