Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just a quickie, i bought a 2000 1.8ts 156 three weeks ago but i only have one key, it is the one with the button on the side, i take it this is not the master key? Also the remote locking does not work and when i opened the key up to have a look the circuit board is completely loose, can this be fixed and if so how much roughly? and how much roughly is a new master key?

Great site by the way hope to meet some of you!

Thanks

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
There Was Never A Master Key With The 156...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah ok, so there would have been just two red keys with the black button on the side? How much are these from a dealer ish?

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I believe this is a main dealer thing I'm afraid, my "spare" key went through the washing machine and I think I was quoted about £80 for a new one ... but didn't bother

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
There is a guy on this forum that fixes keys so he will be able to tell you , if you do a search I am sure you will come accross him , he is also on ebay

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Ah ok, so there would have been just two red keys with the black button on the side? How much are these from a dealer ish?

Yes that's right ... 2 red keys ... my £80 quote was a few years ago so it might have gone up since then ... or my memory might be playing up ...

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Ah ok, so there would have been just two red keys with the black button on the side?
Correct.
Some markets also got a Valet key, also red, but not remote.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
That would obviously mean posting your one and only key to him...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts