Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all not an alfa owner myself though have had a Fiat Abarth 105TC Strada in the past:)

My step son has a 147 lusso, and today the wind caught the drivers front door and blew the door open all the way in the process snapping the bar that prevents the door opening all the way out.

He managed to get the car home by tying the 2 doors together from the inside.

The result is the as well as the door having a dent it will not close properly looking at it. It appears that the lower hinge on the forward door pillar has been bent about 3 mm forward. Noticed by the door line on the wing, and the fact that the striking plate on the door was not meeting up.

I have did a temporary repair to get the door closing and locking by putting a 3mm thick washer behind the pin on the door pillar which seems to have worked. Proving the door needs to come back a bit.

So after all that how do you get the door off??:confused:

I noticed the small bolts on hinges but on inspection notice that they are 2cm long, and before I knock lumps out of the pin below this bolt is there an easy way to do it.

I don't know if the L brackets will need replaced or just bent back a little; or moved back slightly once I undo allen bolts. but trying to save money by doing it myself.

My skills are fairly basic, as in know how things work, know how to diagnose, faults in cars, But I am not a mechanic.

Thanks in advance for replies

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for that, doors locking at the moment and usable, so no great pressure to get it fixed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts