Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello you lovely Alfa owners,

So, I have test driven the Mito and am head over heels in love. Stunning looks, incredibly fun to drive, and economical and practical to boot. I can't fault the car, and really can't see myself being happy spending my money on anything else.

There is one big problem though - my other half hates it! Her problem was she "didn't feel safe" in it, and it "feels like a dodgem to drive". It was the 0.9 Twinair Progression we tried out. She was much happier test driving the Corsa (I know, right?!), and we are at an impasse in wanting completely opposite things from a car. It sounds daft (well, maybe not to other people on this forum), but I genuinely think I'd be heartbroken if we don't get the Mito. This big disagreement has turned what should be an enjoyable process of buying our first new car together into a complete headache!

So my question, oddly enough is - how can I make the Mito seem like a more "boring" car on the next test drive? Would the 1.3 diesel engine feel a bit duller and more solid? Or is there a particular driving mode we should put the car in to take the edge off its sportiness? I have one chance left to persuade her this is the right car for us, so really need to get this right.

Also, any other arguments in favour of the Mito over other small cars would be welcome!

Thanks in advance guys :thumbup:

·
Administrator
88,047 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts