Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One day at a time hasn't worked for me....

I was an Alfa owner (1984 - Alfa Veloce Sprint), we were in love, I'd drive her for an hour or two then spend the following weekend putting right whatever went wrong, right. It was a love / hate relationship. I persevered but she finally left me. I swore I would never go back..I had counselling...I thought I had licked the craving...

...but now, in a nearby street is a sweet looking 1996 916 TS Spider in my favourite Alfa red..

The owner has just dropped the original price too...

Yes I know there must be oodles wrong, yes I know I'm going to be under it every weekend, yes I know I'm going to have arguments with the Alfa garage....but there will be that one glorious autumnal weekend where everything works the way is should and all is harmony..

I've given my wallet to a friend to look after - it its still for sale on Saturday I might make an offer...will I be an Alfa owner again??

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hi SeafloorMat. *Claps*. Once an Alfisti, always an Alfisti. We at AO welcome you and acknowledge your addiction - we have that addiction too. Stay strong....

But if you give in we want pictures! :thumbs:

·
Administrator
87,047 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Welcome To‵⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫.
`⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫
..✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫
☻/ღ˚ •。* ♥♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★
/▌*˛˚ ░A░L░F░A░ - ░O░W░N░E░R░ ˚ ✰* ★
/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks to all.. great welcome.

.....and yes I an now the proud owner of a 916 Spider, with an engine from something else and a big grin on my face.

Took her for a spin around the block, stopped at a local petrol station for a check of things and found (so far) one of the rear numberplate lamps blown.. (and a badly weathered rear window in the hood - but that's a given) and if that's all there is after a trip around the block then I'm happy!

(I bet someone will now tell me that to replace it is an engine out job!)

Forgot how much fun an Alfa was.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, went round the block OK. Took it to work - stopped on way. Started again. Took it for a spin at lunchtime - stopped again....took it back to work parked it up and left it rotting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts