Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow alfa lovers.

I drive a '01 67k 147 1.6 Turismo, quite basic but one hell of a drive! Love every time i go out in it. I've owned it for about 6 months now after my wifes fiat died a death (the alfa dealer still took it for part ex and gave us some alloys for it!).

i'd had a break from a sporty hatch (mk2 golf gti 8v) for about 8 months and i wasn't dissapointed when i drove the 147 home. love the way it revs and pulls to the red line and the way it handles, 10 times better than the golf. the only things that worry me are the wagging tail affect when breaking hard and the little electrical gremlins that most italian cars seem to suffer. the only problems so far has been a worn out control arm on the front, but is due to go in on mon (jan 15th) for some electrical gremlins to be sorted. It had a new cambelt, cat and rear suspension done when i bought it.

any how, i hope to learn alot here as i plan to keep my alfa ownership going from now on, hmmmmmm, maybe a nice gt in a few years.

cheers

Richard

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Welcome to AO Richard :)

Wagging tail under heavy braking is not uncommon in sporty hatchbacks... possibly due to a combination of front-wheel-drive engine braking on lift-off and front brake bias.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Hi and welcome richard...

Nice to hear you;re enjoying Alfa Ownership - and AlfaOwner...

SImes.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts