Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this forum as I have just bought an Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0 Lusso and thought I'd join after reading a few of the threads that have been posted. It is a beautiful beast of a car and I'm only gutted I didn't buy one earlier!
There are only 3 niggles that I need to get sorted out and I was wondering if someone could give me some advice/tips? 1) When I start the engine after it's been static for a few hours it takes about 2 minutes for the choke to release, if I move before it has the car gets a bit jumpy in 1st and 2nd gear. Are there any solutions for this? 2) Is it easy to fit a new gear knob? The one at the moment isn't secured onto the stick. 3) The drivers window stays ajar when I close the door, it's a bit annoying because everytime I get out of the car I have to shut it by slamming the windowto get a tight seal, which I think might eventually lead to the thing smashing :cry:.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Sounds like someone has fitted some aftermarket gearknob. The standard gearknow does not come off easily.

Window. It needs adjusting. It's a door card off job and then adjust the two stops at the top of the door. At the moment, the window is rising too far. It's a common problem. Later cars had windows that dropped a little on opening the door and rose again when the door was shut.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Mine does the same thing with engine, stays at around 1.2k rpm for 1-2 minutes (which Ned from autolusso said was weird but didnt have any suggestions on fixing!).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'll check out the stops at the top of the door now. The gear knob isn't even fitted its just sitting on the stick at the moment. No rubber rings or anything to keep it in place. From what I read this means that I won't have the hassle of hacking the thing to bits to get a new one on. Are there any particular gear knobs I should be looking for that are specific for GTV's? I bought one yesterday from Halfords 'a universal one' and the diameter on the base of it was too small to fit onto the shaft :-/.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also with the engine, mine stays at about 1.2k RPM too, it's not a big deal, just means I can't make any fast getaways in the morning haha. Just hope it's not something that will eventually cost a lot of money to sort out.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The cause of your car being a bit jumpy when starting from cold could be the lambda. Also you might want to ensure that no oil and/or water is getting down into the first sparkplug hole, common problem with TS engines.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
mine does that high morning rev thingy too.... i just thought it was supposed to be like that!

·
Registered
447 Posts
From what I was told it is supposed to.. just not for 2 minutes plus.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts