Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good news!

Just heard back from Mango's (for those who haven't followed my previous posts I bought my 159 last Saturday, broke down on Sunday and it has been in Mango's ever since - replaced ECU and DPF) they have given me the news I've been hoping for and everything will be covered under warranty - good job too because a £600 ECU and £1300 DPF would not please my bank manager/wife (to be)!

I should be collecting my car tomorrow and fingers crossed that will be the end of the major issues, I'm not bothered about a few minor niggles but two major faults after 1 day of ownership kinda took the shine off for me!!

Must say that Mangoletsi have been excellent, from Monday morning when I sprung the car on them from the back of an AA wagon, right through to the good news today - Jonathon in the service department has been very helpful and kept me informed all the way - and they have good coffee!!

Thanks for everyone's help during these trying times! Your suggestions and advice have been really helpful, I hope I wont be posting any more horror stories in the near future - just tales of happy motoring!!

Cheers guys :thumbs:;)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Glad to hear all sorted.. Mango's do seem excellent (I bought mine from them). I had similar experience in that I got a warning to "get engine checked" and local dealer (Glasgow) was good.

Pity the Alfa ownership "shine" was tarnished, but now that its sorted, I bet you love it!

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Pleased to hear you're sorted :thumbs:

I spied your car there yesterday when I picked mine up.

I'm now running the new Mangos turbo booster chip (2.0bar) and 496nm torque....pretty swift then.... ;):thumbs:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Awesome news fella... Really pleased its not been too painfull!!

Glad to hear our local dealer is living up to their good reputation! Hopefully i'll be using them soon for service too!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pleased to hear you're sorted :thumbs:

I spied your car there yesterday when I picked mine up.

I'm now running the new Mangos turbo booster chip (2.0bar) and 496nm torque....pretty swift then.... ;):thumbs:

Wow, thats a fair old gain on torque Hunter, what chip is this then? Never come across that one, is it an Autodelta chip - how much did you pay for it and would you recommend it over a standard remap?

Glad you saw my car there - means it's still there and since you didn't mention it was on fire or in bits I guess it should be in good order!!

Cheers for the kind posts guys, I'll be uploading some pictures when I get it back tomorrow for you all!

:thumbs:;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad its all sorted !

I good pint of polish (beer ;)) will put the Alfa shine back on for you , just don't get waxed on a day you intend to drive :)

Ha ha, well said TZ, it seems to be doing the trick, although it's Spanish not Polish - thank god for warranties and cerveza!

Cheers ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts