Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, finally started in new job.. got the details through of the lease company and it appears they are not as generous as some of the ones I was basing my previous estimates on (no where near as generous in fact).

The good news is that Alfa, and indeed the Giulietta are on the "company approved" list.

The bad news is they are completely screwing me on the cost and the extras :(

Soo.. I'm down to a bare minimum.

I'm thinking brakes, rear sensor and Tomtom port are kind of essential.

I'll get the paint still (Anthracite Grey).

Bose and the electric seats and Xenons have all had to go :cry:

Is there anything else which is essential before I sign the dotted line?

They are trying to quote me for the the visibility pack.. bit of a gamble but I've not ticked this on the basis that it is now included gratis (?). Can anyone definitely confirm this is the case? I don't really want to end up without.. :( (If it's not then I'll be on solid paint.. which would be a real shame as I'd really grown to love the Anthracite)

Also, does anyone know if I NEED to spec anything else (headlamp washers?!?) to get the cabin heater, or is this definitely standard on the 170 JTDM Veloce TCT ? Seems to be getting good reviews on these cold mornings and it would be a bit rubbish to miss it for the sake of a low(ish) cost option.

Can't believe I'm having to sacrifice so many toys.. gutted.

·
Registered
280 Posts
So let me get this straight...you are getting a Giulietta as a 'work' car? Man. that's so coool. I had to 'buy' mine:rolleyes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So let me get this straight...you are getting a Giulietta as a 'work' car? Man. that's so coool. I had to 'buy' mine:rolleyes:
Mmm.. yes, basically.. though it isn't all roses, you get taxed pretty punitively over here. Many people opt for the cash allowance and run their own cars instead.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You are lucky that you can add to it - my allowance only just covered the petrol TCT Lusso with no extras (had to have metaliic paint.. P11D is cheaper on that then the diesel although depends on what your private fuel position is. I have a fuel card and reimburse private miles so it is fine.

I've read that tom tom port is a no cost option now - I took the decision that less toys in an Alfa is better than more toys in something else!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick update for anyone else in a similar position.

I spoke to a dealer up in the north west this morning and they informed me that:

1) Visibility pack is now definitely zero cost as of 2012 builds (though you may still have to specify when ordering)

2) The TomTom port again is a zero cost option as of 2012 builds (needs to be specified when ordering)

3) He'd never heard of any supplementary heater and had no idea what I was talking about (!?!)

Only thing I'm kicking myself for not checking now was whether the standard seats come with manual lumbar support, or if it's electric or nothing. Anyone with a Veloce able to comment?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hmmmm

Does that mean my order with the vis pack & tomtom paid for become cheaper?

Car not being built til mid feb but paid for the - now free - goodies:rolleyes:

May get a refund - but I doubt it:cry:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts