Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes its been really fun. My Gt ownership has been fantastic.:thumbs: All the mods i made really transformed the car. I want to thank Autolusso for the brilliant advice and service they gave me during my Gt ownership. It made my alfa experience a great one. :) Im really gona miss my black beauty. She sure was a good one. Im afraid i had to use my head for my next car, god knows i wanted another Gt, a low mileage cloverleaf in fact. But the future depreciation factor was the killer. Im sure it wont be my last alfa though. Thanks for all the advice you gave me guys. I'm sadly off to the dark side now.:(

Damien.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
surprised by this. You seem to have a well sorted GT now.

I thought the rate of depreciation slowed down as the car gets older?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
surprised by this. You seem to have a well sorted GT now.

I thought the rate of depreciation slowed down as the car gets older?
I know and i had. The thing is she has 85k and i really had to make a decision what to do. I wanted to get a cloverleaf but when i think about it sinking 12k into a newer Gt without all the mods my Gt has is madness! No standard cloverleaf would be a match for my Gt! ok leather interior and fancy badges are nice but for 12k? and the depreciation after 3 years?

t3yls i meant the depreciation on a potential cloverleaf. I'm actually sad tonight, ive never been so sad selling a car!:( my Gt is that good! but i had to make a decision. I suppose its great to end on a high! i know i will probably have another one.

Damien.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
"Got to be honest, after owning my Gt for nearly a year now i have to say i could not imagine living without it. I have in my year of ownership modified certain areas of my Gt and to be honest so glad i did!
But its created a dilemma. I personally believe i would be hard pushed to find any other coupe as entertaining, good looking, practical, economical with performance.A chassis with so much feedback to the driver with an excellent ride quality (thanks koni and eibach)! than my Gt? "

Damien (Alfadoit) 2 weeks ago (14 days) :cheese:

Sad news Matey, 85,000 miles is nothing if she drives as sweat as you say. My 'wagon has done 108,000, yeh i'd buy a 159 if I could afford it, but my Gt keeps me happy enough.
Did you find out what that bad knocking was? and pleeease tell us what you've bought, just interested that's all.

Will miss your posts.

Al

G

·
0 Posts
Could tell you weren't 100% about keeping your car from all of your recent questions about other cars etc of late. A shame you are off but I get the feeling it won't be long before you are back ;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
PLEASE GOD - tell me you didn't part chop it? WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU WERE THINKING OF SELLING. I hate you for leaving but I will hate you more if you part chopped it....you did, didn't you?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Guys!

I still meant every word Al !! im gona miss her. Never had a car that gave me a constant smile on my face! the steering feel and feedback was fantastic. NOOOOOO id never touch a beemer! im not that person!!:tut:
Its been fun slowly developing the Gt, seeing the differences in chassis improvement. I know the recipe for GT heaven now! I know in my heart i will be back one day. :)

Damien.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
dont think he is going to budge telling us what he has bought, he will realise the grass is not greener and will be back amongst us soon u see. :) should have bought the 159 4x4 Q4 3.2 v6 2007 sold on ebay last night for £7400

G

·
0 Posts
Damien, I understand your reasons mate.... I thought the same a few years back... But then I realised that I wasn't getting the bang for my buck, I wasn't enjoying driving anymore like I did with an Alfa and got another... I didn't actually know how important that feeling was to me until I changed marques and always felt "well, "this" was better and "that" was more fun"
I'm sure you will be back eventually mate... Good luck though:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Damien, I understand your reasons mate.... I thought the same a few years back... But then I realised that I wasn't getting the bang for my buck, I wasn't enjoying driving anymore like I did with an Alfa and got another... I didn't actually know how important that feeling was to me until I changed marques and always felt "well, "this" was better and "that" was more fun"
yep, i sold my 156 in 2008 for practical reasons. I bought a 3 year old Mondeo diesel, low miles, fsh, lots of goodies.. boring. I then bought a Volvo T4.very fast, fsh, leather but.. boring. So i plunged back in to the Alfa pool... heaven in metal.

You'll be back. ;)

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys. I appreciate the understanding. I had to make a decision for a newer car, it was always gona be a cloverleaf, but it was economics that swayed me in the end!! My heart is still with my GT. I still get exited when i see another on the road!! gona have to remember not to flash my lights at other Gt owners now!!:(
What i have bought is a special car, and a real drivers car, which will hold its value. Part of me knows also that clovers will come down in value from the 12 odd grand they are now, and they will be a great buy in a year or 2. But i am not going to put that kind of money down on a GT today to loose over 3 years. I know this will not be the last Gt i own. And i will keep on the forum. Never thought parting with my Gt would be this hard!!!:(

Damien.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Totally understand on the depreciation front, it's quite a wierd feeling knowing that if I'd have waited for 8 months, I could've probably saved a coulpe of grand.

I've been thinking about your Blue, special, driver's car and I reckon mainly from being blue it's either an Audi RS4, Porsche Boxster, one of those little Vauxhall's that are a bit like Lotuses, Ford Focus RS GTI GT Turbo injection 3000ST Cosworth or Subaru WRX which are very often blue.

I used my heated seats last night,oooohhh so good.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts