Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like to say hi to everyone. I became the proud owner of a red 147 Lusso 3dr a week past Monday and have to say I can't stop grinning every time I drive it. I originally went south for an MX-5 but it turned out to have been bragged up out of proportion by the trader. So needless to say I walked away and forked out £80 for an unexpected train journey back to Aberdeen followed by £65 for 8 hrs in a hotel. Next morning, out for a walk wasting time till ferry sailing time I went along a couple of garages and lo & behold at the second one I spied this little red beauty. I had never even considered an Alfa before but as soon as I sat in the driver seat I was smitten. The rest is history as they say, so I won't bore you with the rest of the details but will be posting in days to come. Does anyone know the car? It was traded in to Stratstone Jaguar in Aberdeen by the last owner who bought a GT and lives in the NE/NW of England. Looking forward to reading all about the brand in other members posts. :thumbs:

Sandy

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

Sounds like it was destiny to end up with the Alfa. Its been a long time since I was in Shetland but I'm sure you'll enjoy driving the Alfa on the roads there.

Make sure you keep regular check on the engine oil level and be aware that timing belt needs to be replaced every 36k miles or 3 years on the TS.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to one & all for the welcome to the forum. I have a feeling that I may be sticking with Alfas for a long time. I've only done a couple of hundred miles in the car since I got it so, I haven't dipped it yet (complacency on my part) I will dip it tomorrow and I am waiting on V5 from Swansea so I can give previous owner a bell about the timming belt, though I phoned Halshaw and they told me they fitted a timing belt a year past March at 44,500 mls and it is now coming up for 62,000. They couldn't tell me what parts were changed so I will ask previous owner. It is booked in to my local garage to get an upper wishbone fitted at the expense of Stratstone and I am getting it checked over at the same time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to AO :)

Sounds like it was destiny to end up with the Alfa. Its been a long time since I was in Shetland but I'm sure you'll enjoy driving the Alfa on the roads there.

Make sure you keep regular check on the engine oil level and be aware that timing belt needs to be replaced every 36k miles or 3 years on the TS.
Hi Pascs, thanks for the advice. How long is it since you were up in Shetland and was it a holiday visit or work? Just ask as there are a lot of people who have worked here over the years and then move on. The roads are good here with no fixed cameras but you do have to watch out for sheep.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts