Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Joined this group to see what advice I can get and give on Alfas. I own a GTV6 (under restoration), Alfa 90, Alfa 75 and an old '79 Alfetta sedan which I just put into retirement. I haved owned lots of other alfas- 2 Alfettas, a 90, 105 Berlina and a 105 GTV 2000. I live in Western NSW where Alfas are rare but have a large stockpile of parts to keep them going.
Only one question in this post, does anybody know of a replacement from another vehile for the drivers mirror switch in a 90. The circuit board has worn out and my only other option is to look into making a new circuit board or find some other vehicle which has one I can adapt.
Thanks, Noel

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hi Noel, nice collection of cars you've got there :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will post some photos of the collection soon. The 75 is excellent and does lots of country miles with everything working except the ARC christmas tree (insulation tape solves this problem) an Alfa 90- basically bought 5 new tyres and the Alfa was thrown in- have a look at ebay URL- http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=320053173107&rd=1&rd=1 , an '83 GTV6 which needs to have typical rust gremlins removed and a fully rebuilt V6 to drop in. I also have an Alfetta which I used to go into the bush and collect firewood, garden rocks etc, or park at airports etc as nobody would touch it. Mind you it never broke down. I have been able to stockpile lots of parts and know a property where about 10 alfa are slowly baking and rusting to death. (There is a Berlina 1750 sitting there where your olny access to the boot is via the Alfa sheetmetal, which is so rusted it is like opening a can of sardines........)
Chase up some photos so all the best for now
Noel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will post some photos of the collection soon. The 75 is excellent and does lots of country miles with everything working except the ARC christmas tree (insulation tape solves this problem) an Alfa 90- basically bought 5 new tyres and the Alfa was thrown in- have a look at ebay URL- http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=320053173107&rd=1&rd=1 , an '83 GTV6 which needs to have typical rust gremlins removed and a fully rebuilt V6 to drop in. I also have an Alfetta which I used to go into the bush and collect firewood, garden rocks etc, or park at airports etc as nobody would touch it. Mind you it never broke down. I have been able to stockpile lots of parts and know a property where about 10 alfa are slowly baking and rusting to death. (There is a Berlina 1750 sitting there where your olny access to the boot is via the Alfa sheetmetal, which is so rusted it is like opening a can of sardines........)
Chase up some photos so all the best for now
Noel

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
VIN number mystery. Went to have Alfa 90 inspected for rego in Australia and can't find VIN. According to factory manual and British MOT it should be on the boot floor pan far right hand side (when looking foward). Nothing there except deading material!! Had a look at the 75 and it is stamped on a plate in the engine bay but I believe it also should be in the boot. This number should be etched or stamped into the vehicle. There is a plate in the boot rear centre of both cars but it is not the 17 digit number I am looking for ZAR162aa003001505. Any suggestions?? ............. as I have been directed to Police Forensic ?? by the inspection station!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: VIN Number Alfa 90

VIN number mystery. Went to have Alfa 90 inspected for rego in Australia and can't find VIN. According to factory manual and British MOT it should be on the boot floor pan far right hand side (when looking foward). Nothing there except deading material!! Had a look at the 75 and it is stamped on a plate in the engine bay but I believe it also should be in the boot. This number should be etched or stamped into the vehicle. There is a plate in the boot rear centre of both cars but it is not the 17 digit number I am looking for ZAR162aa003001505. Any suggestions?? ............. as I have been directed to Police Forensic ?? by the inspection station!!

Put some photos in my album....should be visible when cleared..

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO Noel :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts