Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, new to the forum.

Bought myself a new black 159 about 3 months ago. Will need to get some good photos to post. Beautiful car - when it's clean that is - black is a b***ch to keep clean, but I still love it when it's shiny.

Had a question if anyone has any clues - I am keen to have sports suspension fitted, would be nice if it was that bit lower & slightly sportier - however this is not currently an option on the 159, though it has been on the 156 for ages. It is a new suspension setup on the 159 however. The dealer cant tell me anything, though I've heard a rumour of a 159 Ti being released next year in Europe (I live in Australia).

Any comments anyone?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Dutch 66.

I live in Melbourne and purchased a new black 159 2.2 6m about 2 months ago.
Your right about keeping it clean. I reckon i have washed it more times in the last two months that i ever washed the previous 156 in 5 years of ownership. The good thing about washing it is that it is a lot more feelee ,touchee sought of experience and you can certainly appreciate design details and thought that has gone into the car.
Its worth the trouble because arriving at the car park next morning received an un solicited "sh*t thats a sexy looking car."

Also about the sports kit, I purchased the car from Zagames in South Yarra ,it was retrospectively fitted with a lowering kit about a month ago. Not a lot of noticable difference but importantly it doesn't drag is tail around and the wife hasn't managed to touch the front spoiler yet.

Another question for the forum, A friend of mine has just purchased a Golf GTI and managed to get a set of dust covers for the front brakes. They are a very light black composite material that sit over the disk brakes and stops all the brake dust getting into the mag wheels, (another thing that is a lot harder to keep clean compared to the dished mags on the 156 . Any one ever heard of a similar Alfa accessory???

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info Bigfoot, interesting reading.

Maybe I should've bought from Zagames (went to Brighton). I did talk to Zagames & they mentioned the lowering kit, which is why I assumed it was available. Do you know who provided the kit?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Zagames didn't say who supplied the kit (just springs) >But it lowers the car by about an inch. I think it was part of a suspension upgrade. 18 in wheels about an extra $4,000 springs about $1,000

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Gully, I might follow that one up - did look at the wheels upgrade option but it's too pricey - besides the standard alloys are nice anyway.

Hey Classic Martini, yeh my whole family was born in Holland except me - so thats the dutch connection. Maybe it's why I like European cars so much - Alfa's have that extra edge & style than the average ho-hum offerings

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
dutch66 said:
Thanks Gully, I might follow that one up - did look at the wheels upgrade option but it's too pricey - besides the standard alloys are nice anyway.

Hey Classic Martini, yeh my whole family was born in Holland except me - so thats the dutch connection. Maybe it's why I like European cars so much - Alfa's have that extra edge & style than the average ho-hum offerings
Which probably means you're tall too? I'm 6'2. My mother is Russian. Weird mix, huh?

Yes - Alfa make the cars that just make sense.

Went to the Sydney motorshow. Sat in every single car. Only 3 (non alfa's) had 'rightness' to them, with the Alfa's being more 'right' again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Somehow the tall gene passed me by - my brother is 6'2" & I'm an average 5'10". Though I did read the other day that the Dutch are now officially the world's tallest race & they have had to change the building codes for the increasing height.

Anyway, back to Alfa's, my brother has a 156, which made me seriously consider an Alfa when looking to buy a new car this year. I had always wanted a nice Beemer but like many others I'm not a fan of the new styling. Looked at the 159 & it struck me right away as a great car. It's really well put together & definitely 'feels' right. Can't wait to see the GTA version.............

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome aboard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts