Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone !

Looking forward to getting to know some, if not all, of you over time.
Just purchased an 2002 166 TS. Only have a dealer photo at the moment but will get round to putting up some better pictures in the near future.

This is my third Alfa, my first two having been a pair of 1.8 146's. During my time as custodian of both of those cars I was a member of the excellent alfa145.com forum. I really cannot praise the members of that site highly enough, through good times and ...well, the rest of the time. :lol:

My own obsession with the Alfa Romeo marque began at age 5 when my neighbor would attempt each morning to get her (pretty new) Alfasud to start and bring us all to school..
Sometimes it didn't start at all... Oh but when it did..:D
The sound of that glorious Alfa note has stayed with me for ever..
In between the 146's I had a Mazda Xedos 6 which was a beautiful car but was written off by a drunk driver whilst parked one night. Last car was an E class Merc.

I had been looking for a decent 166 since I had bought the Merc but there just wasn't one to be had over here.
It is by no means perfect, usual ICS code, intermittent clutch/pedal grief and other little niggles but I look forward to getting round to getting them sorted and sharing the knowledge and info both ways with fellow members.

P.S. If anyone in Munster knows of a donor 166 for parts, or would just like to meet up drop me a pm.

Regards,

AlfaCork.

Attachments

·
Administrator
60,109 Posts

·
Administrator
86,631 Posts
Welcome to AO & congrats on the 166, good to have another local on board :thumbs:

As classicgal said check out the 166 Tech Lounge http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-164-and-166/ it's a great resource & also the Irish Section Republic of Ireland - Alfa Romeo Forum :irish:

If you are interested in meets there's a list of upcoming ones here http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/republic-of-ireland/378445-upcoming-meets-ao-republic-of-ireland.html (subscribe to it & you'll get a PM whenever it's updated) There's one this weekend at the Irish Festival Of Speed near Limerick & next month we are heading down to Killarney for a spin over Moll's Gap & the Healy Pass.

Try asking here http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/republic-of-ireland/377202-alfa-romeo-cars-and-parts-for-sale-in-ireland.html for any 166 parts you are looking for, there's a list of cars for breaking in the 2nd post including a few 166s but they aren't in Munster IIRC.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Very nice 166 :inlove: hope she serves you well .
Load's of AO member's down you're way , like all the Alfa's in Eire are in Cork .
Welcome & enjoy .
:thumbs:

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome‵⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫.
`⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫
..✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫
☻/ღ˚ •。* ♥♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★
/▌*˛˚ ░A░L░F░A░ - ░R░O░M░E░O░ ˚ ✰* ★
/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★

·
Registered
26,114 Posts
Welcome mate :D! Nice looking 166 :thumbs:

Now that you're here: allow me to draw your attention to the Folding at Home initiative some of us AO'ers are involved in. Maybe you can spare us a few CPU cycles :)

Whatever you do: enjoy your stay!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts