Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just bought an 02 156 V6 after trading in my 94 Skyline GTST and am absolutely loving it. I wanted something more refined with a bit of power and looks and was sick and tired of every loser in a V8 or WRX taking me on at the lights.

Always wanted to own an Alfa but was always stopped by mainly insurance costs so now that i'm older i can get one hehe

I've been a keen reader of these forums for the last month and have learnt what to look out for on the 156. In any case i will most definitely have questions for you guys in teh future.

Jase

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Hi Jase, welcome to AO.

I love the Skyline, one hell of a bit of kit, seemed very advanced for its day :cool: but can understand that the whole world and his wife in a similar car would want to race :rolleyes: :D

Enjoy the 156 and its engine note, and put some picies up ;)

·
Registered
33,640 Posts
Hi Jase. Welcome to Alfa ownership and the AO forum. :)

My problem with the Skyline is that it goes like stink but it looks like ****. ;)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Welcome on board, Jase. :)

·
Super Moderator
44,929 Posts
Had a Skyline and couldn't get an Alfa coz of insurance costs? :eek:
Are Skylines surprisingly cheap to insure then?

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO Jase, top choice of car. :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the Skyline for over 4 years so although insurance was on the high side it was still ok - there have been A LOT imported over here in Australia especially the R33 so parts are relatively easy to come by - which helps with insurance premiums.

For a luxury Euro and that fact that i was under 25 at the time it worked out to be a couple of hundred dollars more to insure the 156 along with a much higher driver excess because of the parts factor.

The 156 compared to most cars on the road is considered a european luxury car (along the lines of BMW, Merc etc.) and are obviously nowhere near as common as in Europe. Parts are considerably more expensive here so that i would assume makes the premiums more expensive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and another one - this was originally a Sydney vehicle hence the New South Wales reg. plates, has since got Victorian plates now.

E

·
0 Posts
Hi Jase,

Welcome to the forum, nice car you have got yourself there. Skyline is a very nice car too, the older ones did look a bit bland but the newer models look very mean.

Have fun
Adam

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mr.orange said:
i have never seen a 156 with a towbar before :D

looks very nice though :D
Yes that will be coming straight off hehe

and Yeah it is the Africa Grey (nice looking color on the 156 - coincidentally the same color of my Skyline)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts