Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an alfa Romeo mito 1.4 tb it has an intermittent fault some times once or twice a day other times ever 100yards The problem when mobile first the no abs warning followed by no vcr no hill hold no assisted steering and the power drops if you turn it off and back on wait for lights to go outer engage turbo mode it cures all till next time any ides what's going on as I for one abs wire connection by osf wheel dodgy I fix it but still this problem comes back .
Any help would be appreciated look forward to your reply's thanks

·
Registered
522 Posts
A common reason for this is a weak battery. Or a grounding connection is rusty and has lost its correct function.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sounds to me like you still have a fault with one of the wheel speed sensors or the wiring to one of them. It would be very hard to trace without getting it on some sort of diagnostic system, preferably one which shows live data so you can see the wheel speed readings while the car is in motion.

All of the systems which are not working rely on a properly functioning abs system, so when it is detecting a fault it is disabling those systems so the car doesn't behave unpredictably.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts