Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New here, but very old with Alfas, having owned nothing else for the past 30 years (if you don't count the Scimitar I ran for a year) I've had, and loved the V6s the best, though I've just bought a 156 diesel (AngelTuning - I'm on my way!) I raced a GTV6 in the AROC Championship for a few years, with a little success, until my wife convinced me I should spend more time, effort and money on my family
(What dearest? We have a SON??)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Welcome to AO, :) thats an impressive line up on your driveway....lucky man!! :cool:

GTV racing :eek: wow, must be fun! :eek:

So you like black Alfa's??? alot of us do on here!!! :D

...nice pis by the way!

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Hi Drivers!!

Welcome to AO!!

Good idea speaking to Angel. Had mine done last week and I dont think the grin has left my face yet! :D Simply awsome!

You got the 16v or the 20v??

Enjoy your time here at AO.com ;)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Hi Drivers71, welcome to AO. :)
Fab line up you got there on your driveway. :cool:

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Welcome on AO.com

Hope you will have a good time. We have an AO Member car calendar (digital desktop calendar) and I really like the piccie of your 156. Do you mind emailing the original one to me, so your picture can be a candidate for next years calendar?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all of you for your welcomes - I appreciate them.
Yes, I had a run on black Alfas after mostly red ones, but now I'm trying a blue one - Strangely, they all seen to go well regardless of colour! The Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV that started me off on Alfas went like a dream, and that has to be the most awful colour ever mixed.
The racing was great fun, and always something I wanted to try. By the time I could afford to do it, I was too old to be any good. I'd liken the experience to burning bundles of 50 pound notes - but MUCH more fun. The Alfa Owners Club are a great bunch of people, and the racing had far less of the money-fuelled bullsh1t found in most other classes of club racing. I've sold all of the black cars now, except the 33 (if anyone's interested?)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a 20v. See my main reply to thread - You're included in my thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts