Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
great site i wonder if any one can help me with the mother of all problems.
i have a 155 v6 1996 i saved it from the scrapers. spent loads of money on it cam belt gear box tappets you name it. i was not given the master key for the car and the code light has come on and the car will not run. it has not worked for a month now i am on the bus. alfa want,s £1500 to sort it. i do not mwant to putt my love back were she came from. i was told that a 1994 ecu would run the car. i would try it but it is more money that i could lose if it dont work. i would be very greatfull for any help great site wish i found it long time ago. :confused:

W

·
0 Posts
What was happening before the code light came on, was it just one morning and it wouldn't start?

Some people have had the same problem and found a new battery will sort it out :D Cheaper than £1500!!!

wrinx

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Try doing a search for code light and see what it turns up :D

There has been a quite a few problems with it in the past some have been sorted by as Wrinx says others have done other things like remove the code system in the ECU (i think) or erase its memory..............or was that sumat else :confused: :confused:

Have you tried unplugging the Code unit and re connecting ????

Might be worth checking to see if the immobiliser unit around the ignition barrel is still on/connected

Also have a look the fuse marked Services in the fusebox ................It`s for the Code system and might have blown :confused: and also try giving the relay bottom right a tap as it does the services as well might have a sticky contact

Hope this lot is of some help :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you name it i have had the battery on of upside down left and right. i am at a lose with this one. i did go throw a big puddle. just befor it all went wrong. :eek: . i know the alarm box is behind the cover in the inner wing and that is my first job in the morning. cant wait. i have to get this car back on the road i miss it big time. :(

W

·
0 Posts
You actually went near water in an Italian car :eek:.....sorry, wrong forum! That might be your problem as you've guessed. Did it splutter to its death after the puddle?

wrinx

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wrinx said:
You actually went near water in an Italian car :eek:.....sorry, wrong forum! That might be your problem as you've guessed. Did it splutter to its death after the puddle?

wrinx
no she did not if she had that would have given me a clue. when she is better i will never take her out in the rain again. :cheese:

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
These might be of help

Alfa Manual Electrical systems sections:

Anti-theft device

Alfa codes

You need adobe acrobat reader 5 free from adobe if you haven't got it..

can't have not being able to drive you alfa, worse than a prison sentence

san :D

M

·
0 Posts
so, come on, what gives, is she purring like a puddi-tat again ? Lost Ruffus for 3 days once :eek: -

drove me mental :rant:

good luck with her :D :D :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts