Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is John and im sorry to say I do not own my own Alfa yet but hopefully have one very soon. I am looking to buy a 1999 alfa GTV 2.0. and just want some info on this beautiful car. Some of my friends and family are telling me no to buy one because they are unreliable. I was told that if the car has a good Alfa service history and has no bumps or scratches that the car will be fine. To be honest im a little nervous about buying one and just need some info off GTV owners.

Regards,

John

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hi John, welcome to AO. My GTV TS is the most reliable car I've eer owned, so aslong as you can find a well maintained one you'll be okay :)

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Hi John welcome to AO. Don't believe the negative hype, the fact is all cars can breakdown, as long as your Alfa ain't abused you'll be OK plus you'll have one of the best looking cars on the road :D

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
John,

Welcome. The "unreliable" reputation is an unwarranted hangover from the past. Just check out the "Post if you've got a reliable ALFA !" thread on the general Alfa discussion board - you will find some great examples of both reliable Alfas and poor unreliability of other makes. Just tell those doubters about the expensive new Jag that caught fire and burnt out completely the second time the owner drove it! And of course, get that Alfa - you won't regret it.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
John,

Welcome. The "unreliable" reputation is an unwarranted hangover from the past. Just check out the "Post if you've got a reliable ALFA !" thread on the general Alfa discussion board - you will find some great examples of both reliable Alfas and poor unreliability of other makes. Just tell those doubters about the expensive new Jag that caught fire and burnt out completely the second time the owner drove it! And of course, get that Alfa - you won't regret it.

Cheers,

Nigel
Totally agree. The most reliable cars i've had.

Welcome to AO.

:)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO John, good luck with your search :)

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Hi John, welcome to AO. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts