Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, names Rob living in Ireland and I've just bought my first alfa after years of looking and wishing.

My wife found a bargain online, '98 156, 2.0lt, TS in 'Alfa Red' beautiful for next to nothing.

Last owner was a polish guy that was doing a lot of work on it, he got the engine and body done but had to return home to Poland before he could finish the leather interior, unhappy for him, but wow what a chance for me.

Did an online check of all the serial numbers and got a mechanic to give it the once over and got the thumbs up from both.:thumbs:

So happy days ahead.:lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I have been for a week now, trying to get to grips with a 156 and trying to find tips on putting the interior back together,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, last nigh as I was upside down under the steering wheel trying to put the foot rest on I thought to myself that I should have taken some photos.

The interior was an empty shell with only the dash, wheel, instruments, drivers seat in place so I could drive it home.

Nice drive, great sound.

As of last night got the carpet down, back seat in, blower pipes from heater and the center covering over the handbreak and gear stick.

Going out now to have a go at the glove box and center console, drivers door panel and NSR door panel.

This forum has been great help so far, but I've no indicators or rear driving lights and it's not the rev counter, I've posted a request for help so hopefully soon they'll be fixed too and I'll be a happy chappy.:)

·
Registered
12,811 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO, hope the tech section can help you sort your 156......:HAPPY:

·
Registered
6 Posts
nice find m8 leather interior lovely, i once had a 99 1.8ts 156 with cream leather interior an ex doctors car it looked cool enjoy it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you,

Just finished for the day lots done, lots to do.

But found original 156 mats and tool kit at the scrappers €30.00
(Theres 8 within 10 miles from where I live):lol:

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Welcome in, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here as much as you do your Alfa:thumbs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts