Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still a newbie, but last thread was onto page 2 :)

JUst been surfing for Alfa GT prices.

Saw one for "New GT save xxxxx £18995" listing all options available

so enquired... just to get info back that it is a 55 pre-registered model. Surely this is not "NEW" but "NEARLY NEW".

They quoted list price £21200 for a "NEW" GT 1.9JTDm.

Anyone have any comments on this practice?
Or am I being oversensative LOL :cool:

I also was looking at 'internet brokers', and having read a few threads about some of the problems that can occur, I am a bit wary of going that way. One point was about the three year warrenty... can anyone confirm that alfa policy is 2 years manufacturer and 1 dealer supplied (free) warrenty [subject to valid servicing etc, and UK dealer supplied car].

Dave :)

·
Registered
24,525 Posts
Dave,

I agree. It's been registered, it's on an older plate -it's secondhand, used -so it is worth less than new. That's how a dealer looks at your car no matter how low the mileage.

Still, that is over 10% off.

Have you checked Autocar's "Target" price? I don't have a copy to hand -maybe on their web-site? I walked into my local (Mazda dealer) when buying a car for work and said "can you match that and give me Glass's guide PX for my old car -or do I go elsewhere?" We did a deal in the time it took to get a coffee poured.:D

Personally, I don't like the broker route. Not sure about Alfa warranty as mine is rather old!:lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ta for that.

Just had one broker quote at 10% off for my required spec. Factory Order though I guess as 12 week delivery estimate.
I suppose if I wanted one 'now' , then pre-reg delivery miles would be ok... and I am likely to keep the car for 6+ years (as I have with my Almera)

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Check delivery with the dealership. Mine was built to order and took about 6 weeks, having said that it was fairly standard. Also, some dealerships have deals on prebuilds that haven't been registered, so it may be worth a look.

·
Registered
24,525 Posts
lynnb said:
Check delivery with the dealership. Mine was built to order and took about 6 weeks, having said that it was fairly standard. Also, some dealerships have deals on prebuilds that haven't been registered, so it may be worth a look.
Good point. Get the deal and the new plate!;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looked on Alfa site and they are only specialing the 147 Ti .

Still, with all the info I have , should be well armed for talking a deal with the local AR dealer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just investigated a quote from New-Car_Discount...
As I thought , the new car was pre-registered. Phone Person told me they normally just register them a few days before they sell them on to the customer..... sounds a strange practice. And the quote was only £35 less than one from Norwich Union for a factory unregistered delivery!
So save £35 - quick delivery - be the 2nd owner (albeit delivery milage)
or
wait 8 - 12 weeks - factory new - One and Only Owner???

Any comment ??

·
Registered
24,525 Posts
I did hear that some of these deals involved the seller retaining the log book for at least 6 months due to a fiddle by them getting fleet discount rates from the manufacturer and breaking their agreement by selling them on in advance of the deadline.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts