Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all my name is Ricky. Hail from the great land that is Ireland. Was reffered to the site by rancido64 in hope ye might convince me to go the alfa route.!
Considering buying a 156 1.6 T-Spark. So all info would be greatly appreciated on them.!
Site looks like a good one and hopefully I will be sticking around for a while and get to know ye all.! :cheese:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Owned an alfa 6 weeks! Gutted i'd never done it sooner!
Cars with character! You will hear all the horror stories but they happen with all makes! Everyone loves an alfa, but few dare have one! But i have found those who do love every mile, every bend and every journey. I dont even mind traffic jam's so much now!
Made for you to drive, not for you to be driven!
Hope that helps

P

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AO :wave:

I am on my second Alfa and have NEVER regretted a second :)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
What he said! Great to drive and so much fun:D My 3rd Alfa BTW

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Alfas require a devoted, caring approach toward ownership, imo? Not a machine you only open the bonnet on spasmodically. So, if you are a fairly competent DIY mechanic, with reasonable facilties and equipment, the Bella will love you, and you'll love her. Failing that, have a slush fund at the ready to care for her, via a decent, knowledgeable Alfa expert.:): Good Luck!

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
hello, buy one :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
I last had an Alfa about eight years ago, then bought a lovely 156 last weekend and have fallen in love with driving all over again.

For the first time in eight years I sneaked out for a drive on Sunday morning, just for the sake of it :D

Just look after her properly and she'll be alright.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Ricky,

My only experience of driving an Alfa is a 159 Sportswagon for 4 hours on saturday. That was enough to convince me to change from a BMW.

I have no experience of 156's but suggest you test drive it plus the alternatives and you'll just know what is right for you............

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hello! Buy one, but steer clear of the special edition "red grille" model, I've heard they are for batty boys :p

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
Hi Ricky, welcome to AOenjoy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the replies.!! Hoping to go for a test drive on thursday so hopefully all going well I will be an Alfa owner some time soon.
Is there many mods about for the 156.? And what websites do ye recommend for parts and accessories.?

·
Registered
20 Posts
ive had my alfa 156 1.8 t spark 6 weeks and the head gasket has just gone but u know what i aint bothered cuz that car has made me enjoy drving again.alfa's have got something special but u can't put ur finger on it.just buy one and get the happy glow inside!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts