Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Guys, it seems that we all have that photo standing outside Sparrow Hall.

My only problem with the 2.4 Jtd in the nose of the GT would be it's weight. It doesn't have the benefit of a rear transaxle to balance things up a bit, like a BMW, so the handling would be compromised.

having said that Fraser has a 156 with it fitted and he doesn't seem to think it a problem. it also sounds a lot better than the 1.9 Jtd. On that note Matt, does the Stenbauer make the car sound any different (better?)?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
unfortunate choice of forum name Matt considering the recent events, but anyhow welcome aboard, look forward to hearing some input from all!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Will said:
My only problem with the 2.4 Jtd in the nose of the GT would be it's weight. It doesn't have the benefit of a rear transaxle to balance things up a bit, like a BMW, so the handling would be compromised.
How do AR get around the handling of the GT 3.2 V6? or is that rear wheel drive?
I guess it's a bit like the old Triumph Spitfire/GT6 thing (for those old enough to remember those great little cars).
Martin

W

·
0 Posts
matt_the_ripper said:
Hi everyone, You certainly know how to make someone feel welcome !!!!! (NOT and Wrinx no wonder new poeple dont stick around with your comments)
Not a clever start :tut: First warning already.

wrinx

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
wrinx said:
Not a clever start :tut: First warning already.

wrinx
IMO that is a missuse of your power, Wrinx. The guy appears as a newbie and he's hit with cynical comments right away. He surely has a right to voice his dismay?

W

·
0 Posts
Will said:
IMO that is a missuse of your power, Wrinx. The guy appears as a newbie and he's hit with cynical comments right away. He surely has a right to voice his dismay?
:rolleyes:

wrinx

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
Wrinx is a big man he will often admit if he is wrong ;)

But some times when you are looking straight at something dark brown and smelly your immediate thought hey that is dark brown and smelly....

I am pretty sure alot that read the initial post by MTR thought hey I am looking at something dark brown and smelly...:lol:

Chris

H

·
0 Posts
How does MTR know newbies don't stick around :confused:

I got some stick when I first joined :( but just took it on the chin and carried on posting :p

The SA / AL issue has rumbled on here for ages if MTR had visited the forum before buying would he have used them ;)

Any way regardless of where your Alfa comes Welcome to both Newbies Stick around I'm sure you'll enjoy the fun. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi mathew,

i've just joined 5 minutes ago myself, although i've been an alfa maniac since i was 7 years old. i take it your alfa is a jtd?

your comment about the pbox really interested me, i've just had mine remapped and am not impressed. how much is this pbox, i know the bosch ones are about 300. what fuel economy are you getting?
i've heard horror stories about pboxes causing engines to blow up?!

regards

Nur

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think I paid £399 for the PBOX fitted. On the 2.4JTDM in my 159 I get 30-35MPG driving on the hard side of normal most of the time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Well I'm astonished with all the comments I have never been a forum person but hey you guys, thanks for the welcoming !!!!

Wrinx, I didnt mean anything personally and you really giving me a first warning ????? Crikey, boot camp is it !!!!!!

Ok so my choice of name wasnt the best oh well surely I cant get critiscised for that... thanks for the commenting Andy G

Mr happy man, thats a good question I'm not sure if I had read all the comments on here I would of bought from where i did (not commenting on any names due to the fact i get into trouble) probably wouldnt of done but no regrets so far.... Also with my intitial post I had lots of comments to say I wouldnt stick around and I commented on why they wouldnt, to be honest I'm not sure if I want too anymore with the amount of negative comments about everything and anything, makes me feel like some people on here are like Mr Meldrew.. moan moan... now im sure i'll get some abuse !!!!

Nur, well I'm really pleased with the product I bought but I paid more than 300 for it, did some research into tuning boxs and this looked some what ok, I was going to go for a re-map as that is what i had on my golf but ok I'll admit the guy at you know where sold it to me.
I'm impressed mpg wise I can get as low as 34mpg (thats is when having a very bad day at office) but can get it upto 47mpg driving sensibly (not very often). What do you get with your re-map ???? and what extra power is it supposed to be producing ???
P.s yes its a JTD.

Right then i need to get on with some work..

Thanks for the comments I will cheack again very soon so I can reply, positive ones please.. (or I feel like slitting my wrists!!)

Have a Happy Chrsitmas to everyone, if I dont manage to get back before hand...

W

·
0 Posts
matt_the_ripper said:
Wrinx, I didnt mean anything personally
Makes me feel better...thank you :D

You're free to mention names if you wish...just not more than once in a post ;) :D

Stick around....

wrinx

·
Premium Member
77,068 Posts
As a relative newbie I'd hope that we're all free to flex and bend and learn and be forgiven for a few petty indiscretions........I think I know, by now, that you're all up for that. And that includes accounting for the shoulder room that new people need to establish themselves (remember it was easier for the guys with 3000 posts to start from zero.....quite intimidating for newbies) (unless they is gibsh*t*s like moi)).

Finally - give the guy a break about the name......my eyebrows raised.....but for gods sake the current stuff isn't remotely relevant to the term he uses..............stop following the express hacks!

Love and peace to all with jam on top.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hhmm, MTR - 6 posts all on the same thread and then he disappears.

What was that Chris said about something brown and smelly?

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Well, there were 6 Jack the Ripper attacks (5 murders, one survived), he then disappeared, and no one really knows who he was...

By some coincidence (I'm sure) Matt the Ripper posts 6 times and then disapears, and none of us really know who he was...

You have to admit, there's a certain symetry in it :D

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.