Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Hi and Welcome!!

Hope to hear from you sharing your ownership experiences!!

Some Newbies get a bit shy after their first introductory post..:eek:

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Hi, Martinguitar man and Mat the ripper. Let me be the first to give you guys an unqualified welcome to AO.

I also purchased my GT from AutoLusso and I've just recently taken delivery of a new 147 Ti for my wife from them too. Two cars in the space of 18 months. Many on AO are suspicious - some even think I am not genuine but I've been around now for over 1,700 posts.

Mat, you seem to have had the Steinbauer fitted; what do you think of it? I intend to have it fitted to our GT soon and I'll be giving it an AO road test and reporting back. It would be good to have more than one opinion.

Wrinx, Big Foot and Phil155 are moderators so it's kinda their job to be "on guard" but they are all a great bunch of guys.

Stick around, the water gets lovely and warm when you've been in a while;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just come across this thread. Thought I would add that I bought a 159 2.5JTDM with Steinbauer from Smart Alfa/Auto Lusso a few months ago and must say that firstly I had no problems buying the 159, thought SA/AL were professional and very helpful. I would buy from them again and indeed am considering doing so shortly. Secondly, the Steinbauer is fantastic, wary about before ordering, but dont forget it now transforms the car into a diesel rally car. Nothing like taking an Impreza off the lights and them then seeing the diesel badge on the back!

·
Registered
163 Posts
benc159 said:
Thought I would add that I bought a 159 2.5JTDM with Steinbauer from Smart Alfa/Auto Lusso a few months ago and must say that firstly I had no problems buying the 159, thought SA/AL were professional and very helpful. Secondly, the Steinbauer is fantastic, wary about before ordering, but dont forget it now transforms the car into a diesel rally car.

Amen to that ! Mind you the 2.4 JTDM is a bit of a rocket ship anyway with all that torgue so God knows what it's like with the Steinbauer. :D :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
1st gear runs out quick, 2nd, 3rd and 4th awesome acceleration. Don't think the tyres will last long though. Makes my old 156 2.0TS seem very dull!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hi everyone, You certainly know how to make someone feel welcome !!!!! (NOT and Wrinx no wonder new poeple dont stick around with your comments)

I'm sorry I commented on what I bought but I thought thats what forums are all about to give my experience and my opinions... Ok so I wont commented on where I purchased the car anymore if it makes you feel happy..

I went for black the best colour in 'MY' opinion I have only owned it for about 2 months (is that ok everyone ???) Yes BOSE was a def.. Cant comment on wear an tear yet, but to been honest its not built like the german stuff I have previously owned so not sure how it will put up with my driving (to all the PC's and PCW's not sexist it is nearly 2007) I only travel at speed limits...lol..

Anyway please be patient with me I do travel on business so can only respond when im get home or in a posh hotel...

Matthew (Matt for short all you one finger typers!!)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Matt The Ripper, well like you I had no probs with SA/AL and I will stand up for them. I know not all has been good but as you say it is a forum and everybody has a view. If they put the 2.4 in a GT and gave ita 159/Brera facelift I would have had one. The 2.4 is a stonking engine, think Alfa should do a diesel GTA, that would be fun!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Not sure I like the idea of a GT facelift to look like a Brera/159 - Just the engine will do thanks. B.T.W, I too have a picture just like yours Benc159, taken 2 weeks ago. So far the car has more than come up to my expectations. :) :)
Martin

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Will, sorry just missed your comment... I had the Steinbauer fitted only a week after I bought it, was given an option when first bought the GT but declined cos I wanted to see what it went like.. the problem is I had a Mk4 golf 150bhp with a remap before hand and the standard GT felt abit lacking, so I did shop around using google and phoned Tunit, Van Aaken and Dragon performance then checked out the steinbauer website after been given the info from (dare I say!!), seemed like another tuning company but got given a better deal and plunged in.. must say works well but I'm sure others may work just aswell (this place seems like BBC) !!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hi Benc159,

Oh yes a GT with the 2.4jtd.... I just luv the shape of the GT.. but would the chassis be upto the extra power, I can make my squirm now but more power...whhhooo hoooo.... ok ok getting abit childish now..(I'll calm down)..

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think its the standard 'pick up the new car and smile' photo. All I could find for this site in a hurry! Must say I would rather a GT than a Brera. The 2.4 needs to be put into the GT.

·
Registered
70 Posts
As I said earlier a GT Diesel GTA! I hope Alfa keeps the GT going. I was going to have one, but opted for the 159, more practical for my life!

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.